• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Prudential RideLondon-Surrey Classic (1.HC)

Coming up this Sunday 2 August, 200km from London to Dorking and back with some loops over Leith and Box Hills.

http://www.prudentialridelondon.co.uk/The_Events/Classic.htm

I couldn't see a thread, which is perhaps an indication of the level of interest in this one. However, it is looking like a decent field with six World Tour teams, a good selection of Pro Conti outfits and the pick of the domestic teams.

The field is not final but Cav and Boonen are in for Etixx, Adam Blythe will defend his title with Orica and Lord Bradley will lead WIGGINS in what may be something of a parade lap. This year the final climb (Box Hill) is closer to home but it's still 50km so we will see if it makes a difference.

I'll be in Dorking, hoping for better weather than last year.

From the site:
With one of the strongest teams in the race Lotto Soudal will almost certainly contest a bunch sprint on The Mall. The formidable sprinter André Greipel, ‘The Gorilla’, headlines the roster and alongside him is Thomas De Gendt, winner of the Polka Dot jersey in this year’s Paris-Roubaix. Lotto, the Belgian National Lottery, has been a cycling sponsor for more than 30 years and is the oldest sponsor in the peloton.
WTF?

I'm assuming they mean Paris-Nice (polka in Paris-Roubaix? How?) but this is the achievement to point to and not 3rd in the Giro d'Italia?

Also, poor Linus Gerdemann, relegated in status to "former World Tour rider", not "former Tour de France maillot jaune", "former Tour de France stage winner" or even "former Deutschlandtour winner".

Eddy Theuns will finish top 5.

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
Who will win?
Short answer: Cav
Long Answer: MAARRRK CCAAAVVVENNNDIIIISSSHHH PLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAASSSSSEEE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! his bad tdf made me cri :'(

Is Greipel starting? The race website is a bit misleading on that I think, and PCS are showing Debusschere in for Lotto but kein Gorilla. All provisional for now anyway.

The website is a bit garbled in places, as if it's been put through a PR mangle by an enthusiastic intern..

BMC were quite active last year and it'll be interesting to see their lineup.

Women-wise, Bronzini has been supporting in most races this year but it'll depend how the race goes. Wouldn't surprise me to see Wiggle try to get eg Dani King away... it's a short circuit crit and it could end up all over the place. The domestic riders are much more accustomed to that kind of racing and may also be more excited about the whole business.

snccdcno

BANNED
Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Re:

Jonhard said:
Is Greipel starting? The race website is a bit misleading on that I think, and PCS are showing Debusschere in for Lotto but kein Gorilla. All provisional for now anyway.

The website is a bit garbled in places, as if it's been put through a PR mangle by an enthusiastic intern..

BMC were quite active last year and it'll be interesting to see their lineup.

Women-wise, Bronzini has been supporting in most races this year but it'll depend how the race goes. Wouldn't surprise me to see Wiggle try to get eg Dani King away... it's a short circuit crit and it could end up all over the place. The domestic riders are much more accustomed to that kind of racing and may also be more excited about the whole business.

He isn't, I got the impression from the race website that he was but this is from the team's website

http://www.lottosoudal.be/selections-of-the-coming-races/?lang=en

lemon cheese cake said:
No in real life its between Cav, Greipel and Gilbert.

Bronzini to win for a second year in a row in the Womens GP.

Greipel not there, having not recovered from a knee complaint at the TDF.

Lotto-Soudal: Jens Debusschere, Kenny Dehaes, Thomas De Gendt, Jürgen Roelandts, Dries Van Gestel and Kenneth Van Rooy. van Gestel and van Rooy are clearly stagiaires.

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site
Re: Re:

Happy dude said:
Vroome.exe said:
I think Fernando Gaviria will ride there for Ettix as stagiaire, would be nice to see his level.
Who would be sprinting?

he showed good condition in pan am road race, he won't be given the opportunity to go for the sprint but will be 2nd last lead out for cav

Libertine Seguros said:
From the site:
With one of the strongest teams in the race Lotto Soudal will almost certainly contest a bunch sprint on The Mall. The formidable sprinter André Greipel, ‘The Gorilla’, headlines the roster and alongside him is Thomas De Gendt, winner of the Polka Dot jersey in this year’s Paris-Roubaix. Lotto, the Belgian National Lottery, has been a cycling sponsor for more than 30 years and is the oldest sponsor in the peloton.
WTF?

I'm assuming they mean Paris-Nice (polka in Paris-Roubaix? How?) but this is the achievement to point to and not 3rd in the Giro d'Italia?

Also, poor Linus Gerdemann, relegated in status to "former World Tour rider", not "former Tour de France maillot jaune", "former Tour de France stage winner" or even "former Deutschlandtour winner".

Good to know the race organisers know nothing about cycling :D

Brullnux said:
Libertine Seguros said:
From the site:
WTF?

Good to know the race organisers know nothing about cycling :D
Well its partly organised by the London Marathon people, so thats probably why!

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: Re:

lemon cheese cake said:
robin440 said:
Greipel wont start, he is riding a post tour crit in germany
He's got a knee injury from stage 14 of Le Tour that he's recovering from actually.

That's the excuse. Nobody sprints as well as he did in Paris with a knee injury that he's had for a week and that lasts a week after.

Green jersey = mucho € in post tour crits, houses cost a lot in Monaco

TRENDING THREADS