• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Tirreno - Adriatico Route Unveiled

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Dr. Juice said:
Terminillo is a HC climb:

vzbvdlzcco4ggwo8cg08wwg-terminillo_vazia_profile.gif

They ride until Campoforogno (1675 m)

17 km 6.78 % if we take the whole climb.
If we discount the last almost flat km and the first one (2.9%), we have 15 km with an average of 7.36 %.
There is also another flat km in the middle of the climb. For most part, the gradients are between 7 and 9%.

A perfect climb to make the difference.

Ah, my mistake, I didn't know they won't ride the entire climb.

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Ah, my mistake, I didn't know they won't ride the entire climb.

IMO better. In case they'd do the whole climb....those 3 km of false flat would be at a crucial point where normally the action starts (5-6 km from the finish).
Now we have steady climbing until the 1 km banner.

Dr. Juice said:
IMO better. In case they'd do the whole climb....those 3 km of false flat would be at a crucial point where normally the action starts (5-6 km from the finish).
Now we have steady climbing until the 1 km banner.

Yes I agree. Which is why I thought there was no way someone could get a 1 minute gap. :) But with 7km at 7% it should be very well possible (but someone would have to attack from far out)

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Wow,thats a good point, I thought they will ride whole climb too :D.This looks more interesting now,but without Froome it probably won't be so entertaining either,unless Nibs or Quintana surprise us.

TRENDING THREADS