• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Tirreno - Adriatico Route Unveiled

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
Now that big climb is far from the finish and countrymiles of flat after that. Nothing will happen until the last 2 ramps (and even there...4-5 km flat inbetween the 2). Best stage f#cked up.

Dr. Juice said:
Now that big climb is far from the finish and countrymiles of flat after that. Nothing will happen until the last 2 ramps (and even there...4-5 km flat inbetween the 2). Best stage f#cked up.
Correction: the big climb is nowhere now. The climb far from the finish isn't the big one. :eek:

Does someone have the profile for the original stage 4?

edit: here
B5JUZeWCMAEVcMK.jpg

So much much much better than what they have changed it to :mad:

Dr. Juice said:
You still have two even separated bumps. Still anything can happen if the riders want to.

Note: I just saw the original one. I understand now. I also saw they took the bigger climb. So now it is almost like a hill sprint. They should have gone with an additional bump to make it three continuous bumps and now you might have some carnage!!!

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
There is a rider called Alberto Contador Velasco who will attack on the last climb together with Lo Squalo. Then a furious descent. If the descent is technical we might at least see 10 second gaps between 3-5 sized groups.

Unfortunately there is 1-2 km of very light descent after the top of the climb.

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Vesica said:
Froome, Contador, Nibali and Quintana all confirmed :)

As well as we have the first clash between Cav and Kittel!

Kittle vs Cav will be a good contest as Cav's form has definitely picked up and I'm now with the thought they'll be very close, come July though who knows. I'd love to see Nibali and Nairo challenging AC/CF but not sure Vincenso will be there yet. What a cracking line up though. Is there a link to the confirmed start list now?

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
So this is between Froome and Contador, right? What excuse do Nibali and Quintana have so that everyone can maintain the illusion of the Big 4 riders having similar climbing and time trialling till the Tour?

SeriousSam said:
So this is between Froome and Contador, right? What excuse do Nibali and Quintana have so that everyone can maintain the illusion of the Big 4 riders having similar climbing and time trialling till the Tour?
Quintana has no excuse other than he crashed around a month ago. But he usually is in top form or at least in the front group.

BTW, does anybody has the final parcours of the race?

After the changes I am not sure what is in and what is out.

Thanks.

Escarabajo said:
Quintana has no excuse other than he crashed around a month ago. But he usually is in top form or at least in the front group.

BTW, does anybody has the final parcours of the race?

After the changes I am not sure what is in and what is out.

Thanks.
the profiles in the OP are linked to Gazzetta, so they are to be assumed as updated.

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
Dr. Juice said:
Tirreno Adriatico has become the most prestigious stage race of the year excluding GT's IMO. Who else agrees with me?

Based on route and field quality, for sure one of the best races.

Based on hype on this forum, Tirreno is not even Top 10 and the clear winner is TDU. It is amazing what the Aussie crowd is capable of and how hyped that event is even thought the participation quality is so so so so sub-par.:eek:

TRENDING THREADS