• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Tour de France: Stage 1, Utrecht-Utrecht

Page 48 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
3ZA9hLE.png

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
That isn't the completely correct route tho. Like at the Biltestraatweg at the top they took the inside of the roundabout (or the bus route going under it to be exact) and not the outside like shown. Small differences, but things like that can add up to 400m I think.

Re:

Dutchsmurf said:
That isn't the completely correct route tho. Like at the Biltestraatweg at the top they took the inside of the roundabout (or the bus route going under it to be exact) and not the outside like shown. Small differences, but things like that can add up to 400m I think.
According to the map on letour.fr they didn't take the bus route under it, but the other way around. The difference between the two ways are <20m. It is the only place in the route where it isn't exactly like the official map.

8Jx1zmF.png

As you can see the difference between going one way or the other in the roundabout is insignificant, given that they had to enter it the same way as the three cars at the bottom.

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
They used the road under it. They never went on that actual roundabout. You can trust me on that, since that was about where I was the whole day. Not a huge difference for sure, but if you constantly take the inside of a corner instead of the outside and some other things that were different on the actual day than on the map, it can add up. I personally only saw that part with my own eyes tho.

You would think the data from the cyclists would be correct.