• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Tour de France: Stage 2: Utrecht › Neeltje Jans (166k)

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 27, 2015
Visit site
Re:

Cance > TheRest said:
Hoping Sagz or Kristoff, but I think Cav will take it. EQS have the team for it and will be pretty motivated tomorrow, now that Tony Martin failed to achieve his most important goal of the year.

Nah , Kristoff is one year older now .. And he will time it better than against Kittel last year

Just look at Luca Paolini from @35 seconds taking Kristoff into the fight the last 1.5 km .. Amazing Luca!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vELHcfSplSY

:D

Re:

Poursuivant said:
Is it true it is forecast rain?
Weather predictions are 'difficult'. Some forecasted rain and thunderstorms today, but nothing happened.
Chances for thunderstorms tomorrow are higher, and then you have wind gusts etc. We'll see. Course is nice, so let's hope we'll see some action. I expect major nervousness anyway.

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site
Re:

Dazed and Confused said:
Hopefully we have enough crosswind to allow the Hotsteppers or Jumbo to go berserk.

Dont matter, Kristoff wins.. Easy.

And i get richer and richer.. :D

Cav will give up close to the 100m mark, and have a bad excuse as usual..

I predict Sagan will be second, and later on it will be a big problem for TS :D

I say this cause i think Contador will be 5-6th, and at the same time Sagan will be in contention for the green jersey .. ANd they have the idiot called Oleg TInkof ;D

Say what you about Cav, he is good in crosswinds and one of the few British riders with a good tactical mind. This stage is one he and his team will target, especially with Uran for GC too, they will try to distance Katusha, and the only ones I can see getting through Etixx full genius from Katusha are Paolini and Kristoff. Sagan is also good here, and Greipel is an underrated rider but an overrated sprinter, my prediction is Cav, Satan, Kristoff, Greipel. Kristoff will go slightly too early a la San Remo as he has only Luca to help. Cav comes to the side of him and Satan pips him at the line. Between the GC for gaps of about 10-30 seconds if no rain maximum, with rain then up to 1 minute. This won't happen now that I've said it will and is a weirdly precise prediction. If this is right then I'll runrun naked through the streets tomorrow night.

Re:

Brullnux said:
Say what you about Cav, he is good in crosswinds and one of the few British riders with a good tactical mind. This stage is one he and his team will target, especially with Uran for GC too, they will try to distance Katusha, and the only ones I can see getting through Etixx full genius from Katusha are Paolini and Kristoff. Sagan is also good here, and Greipel is an underrated rider but an overrated sprinter, my prediction is Cav, Satan, Kristoff, Greipel. Kristoff will go slightly too early a la San Remo as he has only Luca to help. Cav comes to the side of him and Satan pips him at the line. Between the GC for gaps of about 10-30 seconds if no rain maximum, with rain then up to 1 minute. This won't happen now that I've said it will and is a weirdly precise prediction. If this is right then I'll runrun naked through the streets tomorrow night.

Yup, even if there are echelons, that's Quickstep's territory, so Cav is still favourite.

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
Re: Re:

Dutchsmurf said:
Poursuivant said:

Seems about 65% chance for light rain in the afternoon. No huge showers in the forecast from what I can see. But it does mean the wind can pick up a lot.

Actually, the chance of thunderstorms seems to be a lot larger than today. Seems like some serious bad weather will cross the country from the southwest, so some dangerous conditions might come up. Dutch weather service even issued a warning, which they do all the time, so it might not be too bad, but definitely a lot worse than today.

Re:

Brullnux said:

That's a devilish prediction. Do you mean that loon Dede who stands at the side of the road dressed as Lucifer? :p

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site
Re:

Brullnux said:

Lol the day Sagan beat Cav or Kristoff in a bunch sprint is the day im flying with the pigs..

Kristoff wins this one easy, and he will win 5 stages ++

For reasons i dont know, im never wrong :D .Maybe its cause i think like a child, but have the knowledge of somebody living 500 years :D

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site

Domulec said:
Dutchsmurf said:
Poursuivant said:

Seems about 65% chance for light rain in the afternoon. No huge showers in the forecast from what I can see. But it does mean the wind can pick up a lot.

Actually, the chance of thunderstorms seems to be a lot larger than today. Seems like some serious bad weather will cross the country from the southwest, so some dangerous conditions might come up. Dutch weather service even issued a warning, which they do all the time, so it might not be too bad, but definitely a lot worse than today.

I just noticed that too. And since it is starting in the South-West, which is exactly where the Tour will be, it might get interesting. There is a huge difference between the different weather forecasts tho. Probably will be more accurate tomorrow morning.

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site

concorde said:
Brullnux said:

Lol the day Sagan beat Cav or Kristoff in a bunch sprint is the day im flying with the pigs..

Kristoff wins this one easy, and he will win 5 stages ++

For reasons i dont know, im never wrong :D .Maybe its cause i think like a child, but have the knowledge of somebody living 500 years :D

http://www.cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/race.asp?raceid=27883
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYlapYhHXiM
Enjoy that flight :p

With Lotto-Jumbo riders being in such sterling form it's almost certain they will try to put on a show on home roads again, if weather plays its part. As for stage, if its a big bunch sprint then one of Cav, Greipel or Sagan. If echelons break out, then impossible to predict. Maybe Cav, as his team is most at home at this kind of racing.

TRENDING THREADS