• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 tour de france stage 3, Antwerpen-Hoei 159.5km

Page 27 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 26, 2015
Visit site
Re: Re:

franic said:
Angliru said:
rm7 said:
Moose McKnuckles said:
rm7 said:
Valgren thinks that Sagan have a better chance winning than Contador today.

I'm picking Sagan as well.

Interesting. I must say that i've been impressed that he always seems to at the front on the steep hills, but i've not seen him be able to accelerate when they big guys go. He usually sits up and do his own tempo.

I recall a couple of years ago while riding for Liquigas/Cannondale, along with Nibali, at Tirreno-Adriatico that he was quite impressive on a stage that had a fairly steep climb to the finish. Controversy insued when he actually took the stage win after a failed Nibali attack that Sagan, if my memory serves me, led Nibali's rivals past him in his successful effort to win the stage. He attempted to make up for his mistake in the following stages though, but the display of climbing strength on a relatively short/steep, winding climb was quite impressive.
It’s a different Sagan. I also remember Sagan climb a long hill with 10” to Cunego, catching him the descent and beating him at the Tour de Suisse.
Do you watch cycling during the year? Because Sagan just won the Tour of California and did a great tour of suisse. Yesterday he saved contador, worked, had a flat tire, came back and was inches away of beating greipel on a flat sprint finish.

Jul 6, 2015
Visit site

damian13ster said:
f1seb said:
Kwiatkowski pulling himself, not a single Etixx jersey in front of him.

Said himself that he is not in shape and wont be looking for individual wins unless he feels great one day. So working for Tony, at least thats what it seems.

And on another site he says he's in better shape and smarter than last year.

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

pedromiguelmartins said:
Do you watch cycling during the year? Because Sagan just won the Tour of California and did a great tour of suisse. Yesterday he saved contador, worked, had a flat tire, came back and was inches away of beating greipel on a flat sprint finish.
So what? AFAIK the Mur de Huy is not exactly a flat sprint finish...

f1seb said:
damian13ster said:
f1seb said:
Kwiatkowski pulling himself, not a single Etixx jersey in front of him.

Said himself that he is not in shape and wont be looking for individual wins unless he feels great one day. So working for Tony, at least thats what it seems.

And on another site he says he's in better shape and smarter than last year.

link? After yesterday's stage in Polish media he said he is worst than in first part of the season

May 26, 2015
Visit site

franic said:
pedromiguelmartins said:
So what? AFAIK the Mur de Huy is not exactly a flat sprint finish...
So maybe Sagan is in his best shape ever. In that case, he might win.