• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 tour de france stage 3, Antwerpen-Hoei 159.5km

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Who will win? And who will get the yellow jersey after today? Dumoulin or Martin? Or does spartacus keep it?
I don't see any other guy getting it, i think the gaps won't be that big.
What about the GC guys? You can easily lose a handful of seconds on the mur and there's also boni.

PROFIL.png

PROFILKMS.png

PROFILCOLSCOTES_1.png

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Canc keeps yellow.

Valverde for the stage. Hard to bet against him after his dominant wins in FW this and last year.

I expect Purtio to attack with 300-400 meters to go, to try to take back as much time as possible in the GC.

The race towards those final hills will be very important (200 riders!).
If some people want to make it hard, I can't see Martin and Cancellara hanging on. If they make it super-hard, also Dumoulin should be out. Weather will be good - sunny, not too much wind and not too hot. Today's efforts will also play a role.

Valverde to win.

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Re:

Jspear said:
1. Valverde
2. D Martin
3. Kwiatkowski
4. Jrod

Cancellara will keep yellow. AC will do the best out of the big 4, but they'll all be within just a few seconds of each other.

Doubtful about Kwia here. He showed better form today, but I wonder if his shape is good enough to challange for top 3 on Huy. Maybe I'm wrong.

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Re: Re:

LaFlorecita said:
Punkan said:
Huy should suit Quintana quiet well should it not?
Not at all imo, he needs longer climbs, I don't think the short punchy stuff is for him.

I didn't mean he would challenge punchy riders like Jrod and Martin. Just thought the steepness would be in his favour.

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
After today's tough stage where lots of teams expended energy, would not be suprised of a break away took this. Thinking about riders who lost time the likes of Voeckler, Rolland, Kelderman, The Yates bro's....

Bala of course, Phil isn't here to interfere :) I think both Nibali and Contador will have a go also and finish in the top 10. I can't see Fabu hanging onto yellow here or Martin taking it. I have to look at the other possibles in line.

Re:

Ramon Koran said:
After today's tough stage where lots of teams expended energy, would not be suprised of a break away took this. Thinking about riders who lost time the likes of Voeckler, Rolland, Kelderman, The Yates bro's....
No chance. Valverde and Movistar will be super-motivated after the fail today.

Punkan said:
Jspear said:
1. Valverde
2. D Martin
3. Kwiatkowski
4. Jrod

Cancellara will keep yellow. AC will do the best out of the big 4, but they'll all be within just a few seconds of each other.

Doubtful about Kwia here. He showed better form today, but I wonder if his shape is good enough to challange for top 3 on Huy. Maybe I'm wrong.

Good point. His form might not be good enough quite yet. I hope to see him there.

Will probably be a hectic last 30km with all the teams fighting for positions. As far as the stage goes, I will cheer for Martin. Would be something if T. Martin gapped Cancellara and took yellow here though!! :D

Remember, Tony was once second on Mount Ventoux! ;)

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site

Lance Armstrong said:
Ramon Koran said:
No chance. Valverde and Movistar will be super-motivated after the fail today.

Purito and Katusha also. Bonus seconds here for Purito, can't let them slip away.

TRENDING THREADS