• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Tour De France Stage 4: Seraing - Cambrai, 223.5 km

Page 44 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

BigMac said:
woodburn said:
"The champion of Spain, Nairo Quintana, is near the head of the group."

Never change, Paul.

Sherwen?

Liggett said yesterday that Oliveira was the Champion of Portugal after the crash.

Those two are clueless beyond measure.
He also came out with the line "That Ag2R rider looks like William Bonnet." He may have looked like Bonnet, but Bonnet rides for FdJ.

And even if it is excusable to mistake the Luxembourg flag with that of the Netherlands, that does not justify identifying Jungels as Kelderman with 1 k to go.

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
CHjX-pSVEAED29v.jpg

Vino's Mum said:
Ludwig's Olaf said:
Pleased that Tony Martin won, apart from that the usual anticlimax delivered by the TdF, the boringmost grand tour. Great expectations of a selection amongst the favourites, didn't materialize. Wish I hadn't wasted the time to watch it. More boring stages ahead, until at long last the mountains loom in a week from now. The hill of Huy is none. What a difference to the Giro where Tinkoff and Astana exploded the peloton on the first, still flat stages. What a difference to the Vuelta, where there are real climbs in the first days.

Cycling hipster ftw. Cheer up lad, I'm sure tomorrow's stage in the Tour of Qinghai Lake will be great.

Lol

Re:

Eclipse said:
Strong performance from BMC today too. Lots of riders present at the front and shepherded TVG through with no problems. Wonder if they can keep it up in the mountains too.

Why didn't BMC work with Froome to put time into AC after last cobbled sector? Thy hardly done anything on stage two either when they made the crosswind split.

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
Re:

Poursuivant said:
Pleased for Martin.

Serves Shimano right for not drilling it to the end, whether they have Kittel or Degenkolb they refuse to do any work until last 1km
I don't think they could have done more. Koen de Kort was really spent at the end and Warren Barguil wants to race for GC.

May 12, 2015
Visit site

Armchair cyclist said:
BigMac said:
woodburn said:
"The champion of Spain, Nairo Quintana, is near the head of the group."

Never change, Paul.

Sherwen?

Liggett said yesterday that Oliveira was the Champion of Portugal after the crash.

Those two are clueless beyond measure.
He also came out with the line "That Ag2R rider looks like William Bonnet." He may have looked like Bonnet, but Bonnet rides for FdJ.

And even if it is excusable to mistake the Luxembourg flag with that of the Netherlands, that does not justify identifying Jungels as Kelderman with 1 k to go.

They're awful!

The commentary from Bob, Phil and Steve is absolutely putrid.

Bob dislikes, and lets it be known (indirectly,) certain cyclists. Steve remembers the specifics of what happened to a Ugandan cyclist that was trampled to death by a wild elephant 20 years ago, but can't get three names in a row correctly for THIS year's cyclists. Phil makes the TdF seem like it's a paint-drying competition.

The only ones that add any value to the commentary IMO are Jens, Robbie and Christian.

So happy for Martin.

Genuinely impressed with Quintana with minimal help from Balaverde. He kept dropping back but got back to the front almost every time.

Not keen on Froome but he was very impressive today.

Sad for Pinot but he did a Wiggins/Boris Becker so not that sad.

Degenkolb shouldn't of been joking with Nibs as he missed a trick there.

Bring on tommorow!

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Re:

DenisMenchov said:
145. VANMARCKE Sep 139 TEAM LOTTO NL - JUMBO 05h 36' 01'' + 07' 03'

Is this right?

Lol did you actually expect Vanmarcke to keep up with the big bois Rodriguex, Quintana, Contador, Froome etc on the cobbles ... :p

deValtos said:
DenisMenchov said:

Is this right?

Lol did you actually expect Vanmarcke to keep up with the big bois Rodriguex, Quintana, Contador, Froome etc on the cobbles ... :p

I was pretty sure he was there with about 10km remaining, so just wondering if he was on a different bike like Martin or just completely let it go in the end.

DenisMenchov said:
deValtos said:
DenisMenchov said:

Is this right?

I was pretty sure he was there with about 10km remaining, so just wondering if he was on a different bike like Martin or just completely let it go in the end.

I think he actually got yet another puncture in the finale lol

Eclipse said:
DenisMenchov said:
deValtos said:
DenisMenchov said:

Is this right?

I think he actually got yet another puncture in the finale lol

That's correct.

Re:

rm7 said:
No one able to make a difference... Froome was impressive, he even dropped Nibali on the last pave I think.

Contador and Quintana was as expected.

A little disappointed that not even the PR riders could do anything.

Froome only nearly dropped Nibali because he had just attacked and brought 4 riders with him with Froome and a few others just about dropped, then he stopped and Stybar attacked. After being in the wind attacking in cobbles for 400m I'm surprised he wasn't dropped then.

TRENDING THREADS