• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Tour de San Luis, January 19-25th (2.1)

Page 17 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
How is it possible no clinic "San Luis" thread? It´s so obvious, it stinks right up to my keyboard. In the past few years (outside Diaz) we had proven winners. But what the heck is that now?? :mad:

What, like Leipheimer and Arriagada? It's January, South American guys are in form, Euro teams are not, Diaz will have based his year around this race, sure there's some shadiness, but that's part and parcel of the racing there.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Libertine Seguros said:
It's January, South American guys are in form

Like Mr 63%? Come on, in every sport out-of-training world class guy would beat peak-for-the-year-obscure-amateur...

Don´t try to sell me this bull...

It walks like, looks like, it is...

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Libertine Seguros said:
What, like Leipheimer and Arriagada? It's January, South American guys are in form, Euro teams are not, Diaz will have based his year around this race, sure there's some shadiness, but that's part and parcel of the racing there.

to diaz credit he absolutely tore up the spanish elite/u23 scene when he rode there in 2011 and was offered a wt contract by geox until that team folded. also he comes from salta which is very high altitude and he rode and won a lot in bolivia was a youngster too

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
to diaz credit he absolutely tore up the spanish elite/u23 scene when he rode there in 2011 and was offered a wt contract by geox until that team folded. also he comes from salta which is very high altitude and he rode and won a lot in bolivia was a youngster too

There were also rumours that Movistar wanted him.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:

Is he form Ciudad de Salta or form another small town in Provincia de Salta?
I wouldn't consider Salta very high altitude, 1187 m is nothing special.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Mayomaniac said:
Is he form Ciudad de Salta or form another small town in Provincia de Salta?
I wouldn't consider Salta very high altitude, 1187 m is nothing special.

he is from the province of salta which is moslty high alttiude brodering bolivia. that;'s why many of their strong riders often ride in bolivia for bolivian teams. diaz same thing

FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Like Mr 63%? Come on, in every sport out-of-training world class guy would beat peak-for-the-year-obscure-amateur...

Don´t try to sell me this bull...

It walks like, looks like, it is...

I'm well aware of the reputation of South American cycling.

I was taking more exception to your singling Díaz out among the former winners of this race. Arriagada was busted not long afterwards and Leipheimer is Leipheimer.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Libertine Seguros said:
I'm well aware of the reputation of South American cycling.

I was taking more exception to your singling Díaz out among the former winners of this race. Arriagada was busted not long afterwards and Leipheimer is Leipheimer.

OK... Agree with you. Especially like "Leipheimer is Leipheimer". :D LOL.

Anyway: Watta farce. Can´t believe people paying attention to this absurd theatre

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
argyllflyer said:
Yes, but still not fit for full TV broadcast which is a shame as there is interesting racing going on.

argentina is no cycling tv nation. it is a radio nation. similar to nealry all countries there. so tv is very bad. if you look at cycling in uruguay and brazil for instance you have amazing tv coverage because it's a native tv sport there (although uruguay also radio)

TRENDING THREADS