• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Tour de Suisse Stage 3 Quinto – Olivone 174.5 km

The Stage:
dH6H4Ce.png

The profile:
4PRS1tI.png

Climbs:
Gotthard Pass: 18.8km @ 7.1%
Other two I dont know the name of

GC:
# Rider Name (Country) Team Result
1 Tom Dumoulin (Ned) Team Giant-Alpecin 3:42:37
2 Geraint Thomas (GBr) Team Sky 0:00:07
3 Daniel Moreno Fernandez (Spa) Team Katusha 0:00:11
4 Jakob Fuglsang (Den) Astana Pro Team 0:00:14
5 Peter Sagan (Svk) Tinkoff-Saxo 0:00:15
6 Steve Morabito (Swi) FDJ.fr
7 Thibaut Pinot (Fra) FDJ.fr 0:00:16
8 Kristijan Durasek (Cro) Lampre-Merida 0:00:18
9 Bob Jungels (Lux) Trek Factory Racing 0:00:19
10 Simon Spilak (Slo) Team Katusha

Re:

Tank Engine said:
Looks like Sagan territory. It's a really short stage, so it's going to be hard from the start. Not a day to miss the autobus.

Isn't it a little too hard for Sagan maybe? I don't know, I think we'll see the same group of riders as today to battle it out. Too bad it's this short. I would like to see a longer stage, but nevertheless the finale is pretty tricky. Thunderstorms and rain is forecasted so it will be even more difficult. Thomas and Fuglsang to attack again.

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
Kwiatkowski to win. He won't get dropped on those climbs.

At first look I thought Degenkolb v Matthews battle but not sure teams will be able to control it to keep them in contention.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Cance > TheRest said:
Sagan ofcourse. Today won't be hard enough to drop him. Mind you, he was close to rejoining the leading group yesterday, so imagine what he can do when the climb is easier.
today is harder than yesterday :confused:

Re: Re:

Ryo Hazuki said:
Cance > TheRest said:
Sagan ofcourse. Today won't be hard enough to drop him. Mind you, he was close to rejoining the leading group yesterday, so imagine what he can do when the climb is easier.
No it isn't. Yesterday was 2x 3.9km @ 8.9%. Today is 5.2km @ 6.8% followed by a technical descent and then 3.3 @ 7.1% with 5km to the line.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site

Netserk said:
Ryo Hazuki said:
Cance > TheRest said:
No it isn't. Yesterday was 2x 3.9km @ 8.9%. Today is 5.2km @ 6.8% followed by a technical descent and then 3.3 @ 7.1% with 5km to the line.
that's just numbers. today is definitely harder in my book. also with the gothard in the beginning

Netserk said:
Ryo Hazuki said:
Cance > TheRest said:

Yes but yesterday there was around 10-15km of flat between the climbs and then flat also to the line. Today you have a longer climb, then a descent, then a climb again with no flat in between and after the summit there's a false flat till the finish. So if you are dropped on the first climb there's very little chance to recover.

TRENDING THREADS