• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 tour d'france stage 10: Tarbes › La Pierre-Saint-Martin

Page 54 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Feb 17, 2015
Visit site
Re: Re:

pastronef said:
when your fav rider will win distancing the othesr you'll be happy and glad to watch.
I really don't have one favorite rider so I don't think that's the case. Sure I like some more then others but I'm not that kind of fan. I like a good fight between riders.
pastronef said:
hero and villain :rolleyes: what you watching, a movie?
I don't think i ever watched a sporting even without cheering for one team and having one team that i don't care much for.
pastronef said:
it's always like this, sometimes your fav rider wins, sometimes he loses.
I usually like to cheer for the underdogs so I usually end up loosing, but as long as I enjoy what i'm seeing thats ok.
pastronef said:
turn the tv off, but don't complain oh here
Ok, sorry for bothering you Sir but I wanted to give the perspective of a casual cycling fan.
pastronef said:
sorry to be harsh to you, but I had enough of people moaning and wanting to stop watching the race
I'm not 10, its ok.

Re: 2015 tour d'france stage 10: Tarbes › La Pierre-Saint-Ma

I thought a casual cycling fan would watch the race anyway, because of the racing itself. there are stages to win, there are other 180 riders racing the Tour, breakaways, attacks, crisis, mountain passes. there´s the most important Grand Tour and anything can happen in any stage, crash, a hunger knock, an ambush from a strong group.
this "I am not watching" many are posting on here and twitter feels a bit biased
anyway
I´ll watch
bye

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site

rick james said:
malakassis said:
i see lots of parallels between froome and LA. LA destroyed the field in almost every first MTF, if he was in yellow or not.
1999 - sestriere
2000- hautacam
2001- alpe d huez (faking weakness like froome a bit yesterday)
2002- mongie (with beloki close)
2003- not,his weakest first massif
2004- mongie (with basso)
2005- courchevel (with valverde)

i wonder if froome is friends with LA or he was somehow coached by him. Is sky the richest team by budget? was USPS the richest team?
Amazing work Sherlock...
no prob buddy - even more amazing answer to my questions :)

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site

Even if the battle for yellow might be finished (still two weeks of racing- we still don't know what will happen), I am still looking forward to seeing the Yates twins going for stage wins.

LaFlorecita said:
Kwibus said:
Still I wonder how it's possible that so many riders completely fail. Normally a few contenders will fail when they hit the first mountain, but this year 80% completely failed.

:(
So maybe the 20% are overperforming instead? I find it hard to believe that all of Nibali, TJ, Contador and Quintana are in poor shape. They all lost at least 1 minute on Froome. Let's just accept Froome is in insane form. I saw jens mention that Contador in Giro shape would have matched this Froome. I can't see it. 2009 Contador maybe, but he was in his prime, in insane form and *cough* on rocket fuel :rolleyes:

Unfortunately it's true.
It looks more and more like that. The fact that riders like Gallopin are so far up there doesn't suggest otherwise.
Ofcourse Froome is in sublime form and it's not unlikely he would've dropped them all in this form. Allthough Nibali in 2014 form and Contador in 2014 would likely be able to hang on or lose seconds instead of minutes.
That is if we look at the numbers. It's ofcourse an if and I'm not saying they would, but looking at the numbers it looks more like the other were weak.

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Kwibus said:
Still I wonder how it's possible that so many riders completely fail. Normally a few contenders will fail when they hit the first mountain, but this year 80% completely failed.

:(

The first mountain stage of a GT has traditionaly been a dull affair as none of the favourites commit 100% and so you often get a group arriving at the finish or only a few seconds seperating the big guys.

When someone like Froome goes ham 8km from the end at full gas then yea the weaker ones get found out.

It's good to see that Sky have already identified Richie's replacement anyway. Fantastic work by their production line to turn the boy G from a classics rider into a GT climber in such a short space of time, DB is truly a messiah for our times with his advanced training methods and marginal gains philosophy.

24qtt2d.jpg

TRENDING THREADS