• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Tour Down Under, Jan 18-25 (2.uwt)

Page 26 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
It seems to have go unnoticed between cuddles and the discussion around the aussies, but i am mighty impressed by fernandez in his first race for movistar. They really signed a gem here

Lupi33 said:
problem with a TT stage is it could decide the whole race every year if its individual, and if its team then Orica will blow everyone away and its a no contest for the rest of the race.

the weakest part of this race now is the final stage which I always find a borefest until the final kilometre.

perhaps if it started out of town and finished as a few laps in the city it might make it more interesting.

perhaps start in Willunga and head back in...

at least give a chance of a breakaway lasting

I would rather see Porte and Dennis fight it out in a TT tomorrow than a criterium that neither will figure in.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Hugo Koblet said:
Moser 8th :cool:

Great, maybe he can get back on track. I also have to say that Dombrowski looks pretty good for a non south american rider in San Luis.
Ruben Fernandez also looks pretty good, he could be one of the revelations of this seasons.

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
movingtarget said:
I would rather see Porte and Dennis fight it out in a TT tomorrow than a criterium that neither will figure in.

its usual for a handful of seconds to separate the leaders going into final stage of TDU

in this case its 2 seconds

a TT would result in far bigger gaps and would solely decide the race every year. I dont think we want that. Its not the Australia TT championships.

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
the other problem with that is you take another day away from the sprinters and remove all incentive for them to come at all.

it becomes purely training for the Ardennes classics.

I dont know why they dont include the initial Sunday night criterium in the race proper. At least put some points on the line.

Lupi33 said:
its usual for a handful of seconds to separate the leaders going into final stage of TDU

in this case its 2 seconds

a TT would result in far bigger gaps and would solely decide the race every year. I dont think we want that. Its not the Australia TT championships.

But a short prologue would introduce gaps of a few seconds here and there that are not always forced on hills of this size.

I suspect that the teams prefer to avoid the logistics and cost of moving another set of equipment to the other side of the world.

Lupi33 said:
the other problem with that is you take another day away from the sprinters and remove all incentive for them to come at all.

it becomes purely training for the Ardennes classics.

I dont know why they dont include the initial Sunday night criterium in the race proper. At least put some points on the line.

Organizer could split the Sunday into a short ITT and a crit in the afternoon for the local fans.

In any the race is pretty entertaining as it is and offers good variation, even if I like the corkscrew stage better than its replacement this year.

Loved Astana's action today. MOre of that moving forward please.

Also I think Porte will bring his A game to the Giro this year.

TRENDING THREADS