• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Vuelta Stage 11: Andorra la Vella>Cortals d'Encamp 138k

Page 46 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

skidmark said:
malakassis said:
people should understand that fatigue is accumulated. but it is basically a nonlinear phenomen. you cant simply extrapolate from stage 11 to stage 16 and so on. dumoulin has to lift these 12kg+ compared to climbers on and on. he will lose massive time

There's a reason why Contador is a favourite for every GT he's in, while riders who apocryphally drop everyone in training like Jesus Hernandez and Fabio Duarte are pretty anonymous in the peloton. Or why Coen Vermeltfoort isn't dominating the sprint world but Mark Cavendish did for years. Or why Simon Spilak or Rui Costa can win one week races but have never been close in a GT.
I agree there's a reason. Don't know if we can post about it here though ;)

Re: 2015 Vuelta Stage 11: Andorra la Vella>Cortals d'Encamp

Landa interview (spanish).

http://www.ciclismoafondo.es/competicion/grandes-vueltas/articulo/Vuelta-Espana-2015-Mikel-Landa-no-quiso-parar-ayudar-Aru-Andorra-Astana

Did you take off your earpiece?
No, but I was about to because Martinelli wanted me to stop and I didn't want to stop.

He asked you to stop?
Yes.

When?
When Fabio was already alone. I thought it was stupid. There was a 1.30 minute gap, I could win the stage and I did not think it was fair to me.

So what was your answer?
That I wasn't going to stop. He promised me that Fabio would let me win the stage... but I just didn't stop.

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site

SeriousSam said:
Springveldt said:
Surely this is a Quintana stage? If he doesn't win this, I don't like his overall chances for red.

Tom D will surely loose red and probably drop out of the top 5, I can't see him making it over all these climbs with the smaller guys.

Who knows what Froome is going to show up, yo-yo or Sky train?
Not enough climbing for Quintana. Quintana needs a 100km MTT at a constant severe percentage (but not too severe, that would play into the hands of non-pure climbers like Froome, but also not too low, as that would play into the hands of non-pure climbers like Froome ) for his edge to come to the fore.
-

Mstar aren't convincing me. Still, Valverde is always on the podium of the Vuelta or thereabouts so it's impossible he loses a huge amount. A fit Quintana could win this, but it doesn't seem like he's at a good level.

My pick is ..Aru

;)
Did underestimate his overall chances though. Heavy favourite to win now.

The Hitch said:
Hugo Koblet said:
ice&fire said:
TourOfSardinia said:
Hugo Koblet said:
Dumoulin winning the whole thing would perhaps be the biggest upset in cycling history. Come on Tom! :D

Horner,
remember
And Cobo
While Horner and Cobo's victories indeed were big surprises, they wouldn't even come close to Dumoulin winning.
Cobo's was not really that big a surprise. Plenty had him down as a favourite pre Vuelta especially after Burgos.

Horner was massive. I personaly did not think a 35+ year old person could win a gt. to do it at 42. And in that style. To get the 2nd best time ever on Angliru and totally destroy Nibali in the last 3 days.

Way bigger than Dumoilin in my opinion.

This ^^^ Horner winning was a bigger surprise than Froome's second place or than Dumoulin winning would be.

They were/are relatively young riders. However unlikely, it's not impossible to have a spectacular breakthrough year at the age of 24/25. To do it at 42, in such amazing style, is beyond all comprehension.

Josh Homme said:
So what was your answer?
That I wasn't going to stop. He promised me that Fabio would let me win the stage... but I just didn't stop.

Thanks for the translation. Man it would be spectacular if Nibali was still on the "team"

Josh Homme said:

http://www.ciclismoafondo.es/competicion/grandes-vueltas/articulo/Vuelta-Espana-2015-Mikel-Landa-no-quiso-parar-ayudar-Aru-Andorra-Astana

No, but I was about to because Martinelli wanted me to stop and I didn't want to stop.

He asked you to stop?
Yes.

When?
When Fabio was already alone. I thought it was stupid. There was a 1.30 minute gap, I could win the stage and I did not think it was fair to me.

So what was your answer?
What a great teammate.

Josh Homme said:

He asked you to stop?
Yes.

When?

So what was your answer?

What a legend. I instantly like him more now.

LaFlorecita said:
Josh Homme said:

He asked you to stop?
Yes.

When?

So what was your answer?
What a great teammate.

He lost for sure a stage ( Sestriere) and maybe also Cervinia.
Probably also the Giro , but it'so impossible to say it now :D

So i think he is still angry :D

Josh Homme said:

He asked you to stop?
Yes.

When?

So what was your answer?

Could it be we have one of these rare pro riders with balls....

Anyway Martinelli really is a clown.

Cramps said:
Josh Homme said:
So what was your answer?

Thanks for the translation. Man it would be spectacular if Nibali was still on the "team"

He'd been frakked over in the Giro and now they wanted to bend him over a counter again in his country's grand tour when the opportunity for a stage win was at hand. Good for him. Just sorry he's going to Sky. Well the money will be good no doubt. Good luck with Brailsford and his recognized inability to effectively handle strong willed personalities. Should be interesting.

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site

Flamin said:
Josh Homme said:

He asked you to stop?
Yes.

When?

So what was your answer?

Landa is a beast

TMP402 said:
Escarabajo said:
I think Roche Cracked. He could have gone alone after few teammates were with Froome.

Yeah, he came in 15 minutes down. That's cracking!

Probably, but after dropping back with Froome he might have thought, forget it! The GC's gone now no point in killing myself. I think he was wrecked though he said the rest day was awful after the crashes.

Flamin said:
Josh Homme said:

He asked you to stop?
Yes.

When?

So what was your answer?

me too
and yes, I am biased :D because he did not listen to Martinelli and because he might sign for Sky

Landa's heart is full of sourness, bitterness and resentment against Aru and Martinelli for what happened in the Giro. Can't wait for the next edition to start, he is going to act so irrationaly and impulsively against Astana that the whole Sky-net may implode.

Of course Martinelli asked him to stop, for Astana is a bad new that today Landa win the stage and not Aru, and Aru lost 4 second bonus and more with the help of Landa for 5 km... but after what happens in Sestriere and in general all the Giro, this is the minimun Landa must to do to that ....................team.

Landa is not here stronger than Aru like in the Giro, but strong enought to keep energy to win stages.

KyoGrey said:
Landa's heart is full of sourness, bitterness and resentment against Aru and Martinelli for what happened in the Giro. Can't wait for the next edition to start, he is going to act so irrationaly and impulsively against Astana that the whole Sky-net may implode.

If he does indeed sign for Sky as expected can you imagine the motivation he has against Astana and Aru at next years Giro, armed with a team that will support him it should be a cracker.

TRENDING THREADS