• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Vuelta stage 8: Puebla de Don Fad.- Murcia (182.5 km)

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: 2015 Vuelta stage 8: Puebla de Don Fad.- Murcia (182.5 k

roundabout said:
KyoGrey said:
I think this is a well designed stage with a wide range of possible winners, not sure why some people are saying this is BS.

I don't know, the possibility of the top-20 on GC arriving together seems pretty high.

So every stage where the top20 in GC rides in together is BS stage?

Allthough I preferred the climb a little bit closer to the finish it's an opportunity for opportunists to attack. Reduce the bunch which will disorganise chasing, increase the chance for an attacker to win.
Allthough I do think the climb is too far from the finish. Likely a sprint with Sagan and Degenkolb atleast still in the mix, but we'll see.
Maybe a nice breakaway day again.

Re: Re:

Arredondo said:
Orbit501 said:
What appears to be the break of the day has formed:

Iljo Keisse (Etixx-Quick Step), Jimmy Engoulvent (Europcar), Alex Howes (Cannondale-Garmin), Tom Van Asbroeck (LottoNL-Jumbo), Mattia Cattaneo (Lampre-Merida) and Ángel Madrazo (Caja Rural-Seguros RGA)

Anyone else think Lampre must have had their arses kicked after their woefully anonymous TdF? :D

They seem to be getting a rider in every single break so far this Vuelta. Niemiec crashing out very early might have had something to do with it, but he himself was in the break that day as well.

WATSON_00004284-024.jpg

:D

:)

That's all very well, but what about Rui Costa ( accepted he was crash affected), Durasek, Olivera, Valls and Serpa? Hopeless, the lot of 'em!

Kwibus said:
roundabout said:
KyoGrey said:
I think this is a well designed stage with a wide range of possible winners, not sure why some people are saying this is BS.

I don't know, the possibility of the top-20 on GC arriving together seems pretty high.

Allthough I preferred the climb a little bit closer to the finish it's an opportunity for opportunists to attack. Reduce the bunch which will disorganise chasing, increase the chance for an attacker to win.
Allthough I do think the climb is too far from the finish. Likely a sprint with Sagan and Degenkolb atleast still in the mix, but we'll see.

Did I write that it's a BS stage?

roundabout said:
Kwibus said:
roundabout said:
KyoGrey said:

Did I write that it's a BS stage?

Well it could interpreted that way!

Re:

Red Rick said:
Couldn't the finish be closer to the descent than that. If it was <5km than it would be a decent, interesting transitional stage. Now none of the big guys will bother
Yes, it could be as close as 10kms from the summit to Murcia's city centre. We've seen this thing over and over in Córdoba (Alto del 14%) and here in Murcia. We'll see it again next Monday in Castellón (Desierto de las Palmas). These are downhill finishes Guillén style.