• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 Österreich Rundfahrt (2-9 july)

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Re:

LaFlorecita said:
William Clarke won
Surely it wasn't uphill, right? :confused: most of the top-20 are sprinters. Even Ruffoni is 4th and he normally can't get over a speedbump :p
It was just a 600m all out effort, great for explosive riders, and the early starters had much better weather.

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
Re: Re:

Max Rockatansky said:
LaFlorecita said:
William Clarke won
Surely it wasn't uphill, right? :confused: most of the top-20 are sprinters. Even Ruffoni is 4th and he normally can't get over a speedbump :p

Hill Climbs like this are often won by power guys. And the peloton is terribly weak.
I can't even recognise 4/5 of the names on the start list.

how about that huge salami

Cmd1-cLVMAAkeZS.jpg:large

Slightly disappointed by Canty today. I surely expected him to finish higher after yesterday's victory. I'm still not sure what type of rider he exactly is, does he prefer shorter climbs over longer? Based on his result on that big climb in Tour of Oman I assumed he is a pure climber rather than kind of puncheur.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Anderis said:
Slightly disappointed by Canty today. I surely expected him to finish higher after yesterday's victory. I'm still not sure what type of rider he exactly is, does he prefer shorter climbs over longer? Based on his result on that big climb in Tour of Oman I assumed he is a pure climber rather than kind of puncheur.
Yeah, but today we had a MTF that is harder than every MTF that we'll see this year in a gt at high altittude, that's a different beast.
Happy for Hirt, many teams will try to sgn him, I think Bora or Lampre wouldn't be a bad option for him.

TRENDING THREADS