• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 Österreich Rundfahrt (2-9 july)

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

sir fly said:
Something's puzzling me for some time... The name of this race...
Are they farting in rounds or what?

Don't really know if you're trying to be funny or just don't know the German word for "Tour"?

There's also Bayern Rundfahrt, and formerly Deutschland-Tour was known as Deutschland-Rundfahrt.

Anderis said:
Btw. good performance by Rutkiewicz. Good to see he is not done after being dropped by CCC. What a wasted talent he is. I still remember how he dropped Sagan and Nibali on a downhill during Tour de Pologne once.
While I agree he's been putting in good performances in central and eastern Europe for a decade now, he did kind of make himself unemployable to the top teams after his run-in with the gendarmerie.

Re:

sir fly said:
Something's puzzling me for some time... The name of this race...
Are they farting in rounds or what?

ostrich8-slider.jpg

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Hermann Pernsteiner is doing pretty well, he's a Mountainbiker (Marathon, 12th at the last WC) and now 6th on gc after finishing 7th toay and 4th yesterday. it's his 2nd road race as a pro after the Tour de Slovénie where he fnished 17th on gc.
It's a great result for smeone who hasn't that muc experience on the road, but some of those Marathon guys have monster engines, you should never underestimate them.

Anderis said:
Slightly disappointed by Canty today. I surely expected him to finish higher after yesterday's victory. I'm still not sure what type of rider he exactly is, does he prefer shorter climbs over longer? Based on his result on that big climb in Tour of Oman I assumed he is a pure climber rather than kind of puncheur.

He went deep yesterday for the stage win and simply didn't recover well enough for today's stage. As to what type of rider he is, well everything I've seen of him suggests the longer climbs are his go more than the shorter punchy climbs but that's in training so possibly race day is a different story, I think it's still to early to tell what type he will be but as for today it was certainly was more of a recovery issue.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Re:

roundabout said:
Stage 6 ends with 110/114 riders finishing s.t.

And yesterday 13 riders finished within 15 seconds on a legitimately tough climb.

Hope the TV ratings are good, because the action doesn't seem to be.
Dobratsch is a hard climb, but it was an unipublic sag right after te queenstage when HIrt demolished the rest of the field, so there wasn't much action.
The race really lacks a hilly stage and an ITT, it's just sprints and uphill finishes.

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I did the second 2/3 of today's stage yesterday and can confirm that without the last few cobbled km up KBerg this is indeed possibly the world's most boring cycle route. It is indeed so dull it is a wonder how ASO have not yet found a way to use it after using one HC an hour into a TdF stage.

Koba80 said:
I did the second 2/3 of today's stage yesterday and can confirm that without the last few cobbled km up KBerg this is indeed possibly the world's most boring cycle route. It is indeed so dull it is a wonder how ASO have not yet found a way to use it after using one HC an hour into a TdF stage.
It's just a shame. They don't even ride through the beautiful part of vienna, no they take the easiest way they could find and ride on the freaking Handelskai for kilometers which is probably the ugliest street of the whole city. I also decided to not visit the finish although I live very near to it, but I lost all my interest in the race and anyway I don't really know how I should get there since there are probably no parking places and I can't get to the Kahlenberg by bus.

Edit: And guys, watch the livestream. It's so bad that it's funny :eek:

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
There was not a single redeeming feature of this entire tour. What has happened to this race? It should potentially be the second tier race of the season.

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Re:

Koba80 said:
There was not a single redeeming feature of this entire tour. What has happened to this race? It should potentially be the second tier race of the season.
It was. And if you are fan of Hirt, than it was very nice race :razz:

TRENDING THREADS