• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 Giro d'Italia - Stage 13, Palmanova - Cividale 170 km

Page 23 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Lots of Fuglsang haters in here, for some reason.... which is odd, when he is clearly the best Lieutenant in the Giro.... anyone claiming different, will have a hard time proving it with data :)

He is 2.34 down on Nibali, which assuming Nibali wins, is less of a margin to the leader, than Landas podium last year - so why on earth would Astana sacrifice him, as long as there is no need, when he is clearly strong enough to stay with the best?

Remember, he took time on all the podium candidates, apart from Nibali and Valverde in the flat TT, and the one time he lost time uphill, was because of a defect.

Obviously, if something weird happens, like a Nibali crash or something, he will have to be sacrificed, but outside of that, I see little value in it for Astana, when keeping him close in classification, gives them tactical options they would otherwise not have.

I see them let him ride for himself until after the mountain TT, and then they will decide on Monday if they still want to go for 2 on the podium, as advertised.

I just saw the stage and it looked fine to me. I am not sure what the expectations for this type of stage were in this forum but that was good for the profile that we had. I wasn't expecting more. If Nibali or Valverde cannot create separation with each other you have to save energy for tomorrow. The rest is just testing of course. Or do we expect Chaves, Zakarin, Uran, Pozzo or other riders to go bananas with the stage following today? LOL.
Come on!!!

Re:

Escarabajo said:
I just saw the stage and it looked fine to me. I am not sure what the expectations for this type of stage were in this forum but that was good for the profile that we had. I wasn't expecting more. If Nibali or Valverde cannot create separation with each other you have to save energy for tomorrow. The rest is just testing of course. Or do we expect Chaves, Zakarin, Uran, Pozzo or other riders to go bananas with the stage following today? LOL.
Come on!!!

I want Pozzo to win a stage in this Giro so badly :(
He had his fare bit of bad luck already, time for some luck

TRENDING THREADS