• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 Giro d'Italia - Stage 14: Farra d'Alpago–Corvara 210 km

Page 34 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Kwibus said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
You're looking at numbers too much. Kruijswijk was 7th yes, but only because he lost 8 minutes in the first week. He was one of the strongest climbers in the last week.Looks like a repeat this year, but without losing time in the first week.

I'm not talking about his time loss in the first week...
I'm talking about how he climbed with Contador and Landa over the Mortirolo. How he was clearly one of the best climbers of the Giro, while on the final stages he wasn't clearly one of the best 3 anymore. He was more top 10 material. Still very good, but not the best.
he was still top 5 tho in all tgose stages, and Contador was 2 minutes worse than him in that final stage. So that actually goes both ways.
Plus Aru had a magic recovery :)

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Let's not overrate him too hard though. On the mortirolo contador had to make up 50 sec and Landa wasn't breathing. He was clearly the 3rd best there..

And one the stage where Landa has a mech and Contador attacked, kruiswijk couldn't follow him.

Re: Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Kwibus said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
You're looking at numbers too much. Kruijswijk was 7th yes, but only because he lost 8 minutes in the first week. He was one of the strongest climbers in the last week.Looks like a repeat this year, but without losing time in the first week.

I'm not talking about his time loss in the first week...
I'm talking about how he climbed with Contador and Landa over the Mortirolo. How he was clearly one of the best climbers of the Giro, while on the final stages he wasn't clearly one of the best 3 anymore. He was more top 10 material. Still very good, but not the best.
he was still top 5 tho in all tgose stages, and Contador was 2 minutes worse than him in that final stage. So that actually goes both ways.
Plus Aru had a magic recovery :)

Just keep in mind that Nibali could improve as well, which actually isn't unlikely at all.
Besides that Nibali could attack in the descent and if he has teammates upfront waiting for him it's also game over for Kruiswijk.
I'm just saying this as a lot of people in NL are allready saying Kruiswijk only gets better and there is no way Nibali will drop him etc etc.
Sure I hope the same and it's looking really good, but he only has 41 seconds and there is still so much possible.

Re:

Miburo said:
Let's overrate him too hard though. On the mortirolo contador had to make up 50 sec and Landa wasn't breathing. He was clearly the 3rd best there..

And one the stage where Landa has a mech and Contador attacked, kruiswijk couldn't follow him.

Indeed, but it's also not unlikely that Kruiswijk is better than last year.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Re: 2016 Giro d'Italia - Stage 14: Farra d'Alpago–Corvara 21

Libertine Seguros said:
Tonton said:
Nice rant Gigs_98 :D . Sorry dude. IMO Nibali is the big winner today. And you're right, he has the team. Valverde was in California today; the ersatz of Bala at the Giro was a huge disappointment for me.
Valverde was very much at the Giro yesterday. Turns out that even Valverde can't hold absolute top form permanently, and when you're at top form in the Ardennes it is hard to hold it all the way to the end of the Giro. See Evans in 2010 as well - one of the other guys capable of being competitive all year round, but running on fumes by the end of that Giro. The Don is better protected than that so may be able to keep in the mix, but it was inevitable that he'd lose out somewhere, it was just whether he'd been able to get far enough forward in the GC before it happened so that he could cover for it that was the question.
it has nothing to do with form. valverde just can't handle serious altitude. never has either

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
What a stage!!! Finally there was an hour video,but those idiots from Rai put winning picture on it so ... :eek:
Nvm, still great action and we have three great riders battling for the Maglia Rosa :)

I wonder how they will recover for today 100% effort!

Re:

ILovecycling said:
What a stage!!! Finally there was an hour video,but those idiots from Rai put winning picture on it so ... :eek:
Nvm, still great action and we have three great riders battling for the Maglia Rosa :)

I wonder how they will recover for today 100% effort!

I so hate it when I'm looking for a good video to watch the race after I couldn't see it and the winner is on the picture!!

TRENDING THREADS