• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 Giro d'Italia - Stage 6 Ponte – Roccaraso 157 km MTF

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will win Stage 6?

• Rafal Majka

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Vincenzo Nibali

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Rigoberto Uran

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • Ilnur Zakarin

Votes: 10 8.9%
  • Mikel Landa

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Alejandro Valverde

Votes: 50 44.6%
  • Steven Kruijswijk

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Domenico Pozzovivo

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Jakob Fuglsang

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other (Vino)

Votes: 29 25.9%

• Total voters
Re:

Bye Bye Bicycle said:
And people called the Netherlands stages boring...

Those stages were expected to be boring and this stage had a very high boring potential as well. We might still have some fun on the final climb though.
We maybe have a good fight for the win the breakaway and maybe we will have some GC action as well.

All maybe though :)

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Re: Re:

BalearicBeats said:
Arredondo said:
BalearicBeats said:
Arredondo said:
Bisolti to surprise Wellens

He doesn't exactly have a great track record when it comes to winning races, but as a Belgian I can never believe that a Belgian will win

But Bisolti can climb. He's maybe better on longer climbs then Wellens.

But the fact he was in the break for some time, might play in it's disadvantage.

He hasn't shown much of that form since the Baby Giro as far as I have seen, but he's Italian and probably insanely motivated now.

True, but he had a good year in 2012, and sometimes he shows glimpes of his talent.

Of course he's not a great climber, but Wellens never has showed big potential on longer climbs. He's not Contador or Quintana ;)

Arredondo said:
BalearicBeats said:
Arredondo said:
BalearicBeats said:
Arredondo said:
Bisolti to surprise Wellens

He doesn't exactly have a great track record when it comes to winning races, but as a Belgian I can never believe that a Belgian will win

But Bisolti can climb. He's maybe better on longer climbs then Wellens.

But the fact he was in the break for some time, might play in it's disadvantage.

Yeah, thta's why I don't believe 100% in him winning. Ligthart doing all the work in the front also helps the other guys.

He hasn't shown much of that form since the Baby Giro as far as I have seen, but he's Italian and probably insanely motivated now.

True, but he had a good year in 2012, and sometimes he shows glimpes of his talent.

Of course he's not a great climber, but Wellens never has showed big potential on longer climbs. He's not Contador or Quintana ;)

Yeah, I know, that's why I don't believe 100% that Wellens will win. Ligthart doing all work in the front also gives the others some rest...

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Re:

jaylew said:
Since there's no real action going on, what are you guys' thoughts on the possible Japan Giro start in 2018? I wonder what the Mt. Fuji stage would be like? Would they finish at the top?
Yes, maybe we could have something like the short road stage of the Tour of Japan, hill climbs with mass starts have a long tradition in Japan, they are really popular and it would be something very different.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site

Guybrush said:
swissfr said:
typical italian incompetence

HF-Complex-Long-Distance-System.jpg
Awesome pic brother :D

Re:

Kwibus said:
I've said it before, but the southeast-Willier kit is absolutely awesome.

I don't have a bike, but I might buy it for the time I actually find some time to start cycling!

My only hope for this stage is that the break somehow pulls out twenty minutes, Bisolti and Zhupa drop Wellens, and we get to see the Vini Fantini or Southeast colors combined with the pink jersey.

That could singlehandedly save cycling.

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
Re:

Kwibus said:
I've said it before, but the southeast-Willier kit is absolutely awesome.

I don't have a bike, but I might buy it for the time I actually find some time to start cycling!

The Willier kit is cool but the De Rosa bike Nippo–Vini Fantini is riding is the nicest bike in the Giro

JMHO