• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 TdF, Stage 6: Arpajon-sur-Cère → Montauban (191km)

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Orbit501 said:
Groenewegen is beginning to find his feet I feel. He's always looking for Kittel's wheel I notice too, and eventually that's got to pay off.

This seems to be a fast flat finish and not as overly technical as it first appears. Just as Coquard was always looking likely to challenge for a big win eventually, on this finish, if Lotto Jumbo get it right and drop Groenewegen off in the right position then I feel tomorrow could be his big breakthrough day.

would love see Groen grab a win alright, been impressive

Paying Mantis, official announcer of the TdF, great job again :) .

Shake in your boots, German foes, Beau Marcel and Gros Andre, for Coquard shall get his revenge. And the French team bludgeon you to death at the Euro '16. Muhahahaha! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bold predictions...I know...

Re: Re:

Tank Engine said:
King Boonen said:
Corner looks fine on street view and then it's long and wide with one low island that should be easily avoided.

Should be a straight up sprint.

Straight up, flat sprint, then? I'll go with Kittel.

I think so, the end looks surprisingly similar to the Champs Elyssees finish. There may be a little squeezing on the roundabout and the corner but as long as they aren't too far back everyone should get a fair shot at it.

MikeTichondrius said:
movingtarget said:
No abandons is very unusual at this stage. There were a few crashes on the descents yesterday but obviously everyone was okay.

It's like the universe is making up for all the crash-ridden TDFs of previous years somehow. Really weird.

Except for Contador. Poor bastard.

Yes it seems we were never meant to see the top three compete on a level playing field. There is always someone having bad luck.

MartinGT said:
Who would have thought that Cav would have so many people backing him for a stage in this years TdF. Last season nobody (inc myself) gave him a sniff due to dominance of the other sprinters. Great to see Cav back firing.

PremierAndrew said:
DFA123 said:
Oliwright said:
Cav as a Flop is a great shout btw!
What would actually classify as flopping for Cav? Surely no-one, not even him, thinks that he'll win a stage do they?

If Scheldeprijs is anything to go by, he should be able to win a stage. Long time ago yes, but he's still one of the top 3 sprinters on a pan flat stage, of which there are many, so to completely write him off would be a mistake.

Funny to read that now. I still think Kittel is better than Cav, but it's very close, and I think they're both on a slightly higher level than Greipel

today, forming and escape could be interesting. Tinkoff should not allow any break until the intermediate sprint and drop cavendish and kittel in the two climbs, or sagan should attempt to get in the break, which ettix and DD won't want to let go.

MikeTichondrius said:
movingtarget said:
No abandons is very unusual at this stage. There were a few crashes on the descents yesterday but obviously everyone was okay.

It's like the universe is making up for all the crash-ridden TDFs of previous years somehow. Really weird.

a bit like the classics where we almost never had the duels Boonen - Cancellara, how many times one of them was injured....

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site

Lexman said:
MikeTichondrius said:
movingtarget said:

a bit like the classics where we almost never had the duels Boonen - Cancellara, how many times one of them was injured....
Thankfully for Boonen.