• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 TdF, Stage 8: Pau → Bagnères-de-Luchon (184km)

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Pricey_sky said:
sir fly said:
There's an aspect of this stage we didn't mention... With intermediate sprint before climbing, day's breakaway might form as late as Tourmalet.

Yes, or Cav and Sagan get themselves in the break again to mop up the points.

If I were Cavendish, I'd prefer to have my team work to keep the race together for a while rather than spend energy myself fighting to get in a break right at the start of two days of extreme climbing. Although he might decide he fancies a headstart, I suppose.

Re:

BigMac said:
Costa will be on the BOD and I hope he wins.

If it comes down to the main peloton then maybe Dan Martin can win it Bagnères-de-Bigorre style.

Pretty much what I was thinking, but my Celtic bias says that I want Danny boy to win.

Netserk said:
Majka for the stage and dots.

Yes, I'm expecting the Bee to come out to play tomorrow.

Generally, I expect tomorrow to be a war of attrition, which just eliminates the weak, before High Noon comes on Sunday.

still waiting for the Quintana attack before the 3rd week.. Movi wasnt too impressive on d'Aspin, maybe saving for 8th+9th like Poels+Landa were saved on the 5th stage and shoore enough they were in front yesterday...
As a Quintana fan Valverde's presence really annoy the hell out of me as he doesnt attack nor "clearly"(!?) help..
Climbers without iTT have to attack and maybe put some fire on the stage..
Sepulveda ftw

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Jungle Cycle said:
still waiting for the Quintana attack before the 3rd week.. Movi wasnt too impressive on d'Aspin, maybe saving for 8th+9th like Poels+Landa were saved on the 5th stage and shoore enough they were in front yesterday...
As a Quintana fan Valverde's presence really annoy the hell out of me as he doesnt attack nor "clearly"(!?) help..
Sepulveda ftw

Valverde said he was going to lose time in the first week, so he could be fresh in the mountain stages for Quintana. The guy is clearly a pathological liar that only cares for himself. Sure, he let's teammates win small races sometimes... but only because he's getting something in return.

El Pistolero said:
Jungle Cycle said:
Sepulveda ftw

Valverde said he was going to lose time in the first week, so he could be fresh in the mountain stages for Quintana. The guy is clearly a pathological liar that only cares for himself. Sure, he let's teammates win small races sometimes... but only because he's getting something in return.

At least he's helped Quintana more than Nibbes has helped Aru.

Jspear said:
El Pistolero said:
Jungle Cycle said:
Sepulveda ftw

At least he's helped Quintana more than Nibbes has helped Aru.

That remains to be seen.

Virtual GC, almost no difference between top 20.

Yates
Alaphilippe, 1
Valverde, 3
Rodriguez, 4
Froome, 7
Quintana
Barguil
Rolland
Martin
Aru
Van Garderen
Kelderman
Bardet
Mollema
Henao
Van Den Broeck, 16
Kreuziger, 18
Meintjes
Reichenbach

Riders (in top 30) with a more significant time loss:

Thomas, 47
Contador, 1:28
Porte, 1:52
Nieve, 2:51
Moreno, 3:02
Pinot, 3:22

Will we see any changens today?

Re:

Jungle Cycle said:
Sepulveda ftw

This stage is perfect for Quintana, but I doubt he realises it or he's too afraid to use it.

The 3rd week doesn't have a stage like today, with big mountains following right after the next one.