2016 Tour de France, Info & Discussion

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Bak was a must - have in the team, as far as I'm concerned. Showed huge motivation, hard as nails, and now Lotto Soudal has a story to tell during the Tour.
Benoot could have been good choice for Massif Central and to Bern, but I guess Vuelta is still the right GT for him.
 
Re:

sir fly said:
Bak was a must - have in the team, as far as I'm concerned. Showed huge motivation, hard as nails, and now Lotto Soudal has a story to tell during the Tour.
Benoot could have been good choice for Massif Central and to Bern, but I guess Vuelta is still the right GT for him.
Benoot won't ride a GT this year.
 
Re: Re:

Samamba said:
sir fly said:
Bak was a must - have in the team, as far as I'm concerned. Showed huge motivation, hard as nails, and now Lotto Soudal has a story to tell during the Tour.
Benoot could have been good choice for Massif Central and to Bern, but I guess Vuelta is still the right GT for him.
Benoot won't ride a GT this year.
Don't know why they're saving him.
His engine can handle a GT and it could give a nice insight to direction of his further development... cobbles or Ardennes.
 
Re: Re:

Hakkapelit said:
Samamba said:
RedheadDane said:
And meanwhile Lars Bak has just put himself back in contention for riding the Tour.
You know... despite the whole broken shoulder, broken ribs, broken back, punctured lung, thing... :surprised:
He's in!

Bak
Debusschere
Greipel
De Gendt
Henderson
Hansen
Sieberg
Roelandts
Gallopin

Roelandts in and Wellens out is the only change since last year. Super train for Greipel, but apart from Gallopin (if he has the form and doesn't target the GC) they have no one who can win the more harder stages.
Well, Wellens wasn´t he voted biggest disappointment by the belgian audience last year so no reason to take him again ;)

De Gent has won a har stage or two in the past, but who knows what form he is in.

Dunno what to say about Bak, hopfully he hasn't fooled the medicala staff too mcuh into letting him ride

yes for sure fractures are still open, broken ribs not healed because it would be a lot of fun to say otherwise and make them feel silly hehe. Idk if he should be there though, would be better to go to the vuelta w more freedom.
 
Re: Re:

ciranda said:
Hakkapelit said:
Samamba said:
RedheadDane said:
And meanwhile Lars Bak has just put himself back in contention for riding the Tour.
You know... despite the whole broken shoulder, broken ribs, broken back, punctured lung, thing... :surprised:
He's in!

Bak
Debusschere
Greipel
De Gendt
Henderson
Hansen
Sieberg
Roelandts
Gallopin

Roelandts in and Wellens out is the only change since last year. Super train for Greipel, but apart from Gallopin (if he has the form and doesn't target the GC) they have no one who can win the more harder stages.
Well, Wellens wasn´t he voted biggest disappointment by the belgian audience last year so no reason to take him again ;)

De Gent has won a har stage or two in the past, but who knows what form he is in.

Dunno what to say about Bak, hopfully he hasn't fooled the medicala staff too mcuh into letting him ride

yes for sure fractures are still open, broken ribs not healed because it would be a lot of fun to say otherwise and make them feel silly hehe. Idk if he should be there though, would be better to go to the vuelta w more freedom.
Not sure why there was a need to make a whimisicality of it...
 
Re: Re:

Hakkapelit said:
ciranda said:
Hakkapelit said:
Samamba said:
RedheadDane said:
And meanwhile Lars Bak has just put himself back in contention for riding the Tour.
You know... despite the whole broken shoulder, broken ribs, broken back, punctured lung, thing... :surprised:
He's in!

Bak
Debusschere
Greipel
De Gendt
Henderson
Hansen
Sieberg
Roelandts
Gallopin

Roelandts in and Wellens out is the only change since last year. Super train for Greipel, but apart from Gallopin (if he has the form and doesn't target the GC) they have no one who can win the more harder stages.
Well, Wellens wasn´t he voted biggest disappointment by the belgian audience last year so no reason to take him again ;)

De Gent has won a har stage or two in the past, but who knows what form he is in.

Dunno what to say about Bak, hopfully he hasn't fooled the medicala staff too mcuh into letting him ride

yes for sure fractures are still open, broken ribs not healed because it would be a lot of fun to say otherwise and make them feel silly hehe. Idk if he should be there though, would be better to go to the vuelta w more freedom.
Not sure why there was a need to make a whimisicality of it...
Ok but the idea that someone would 'fool the medical staff' to get to ride TDF was very weird.
 
Re:

sir fly said:
I believe it's a bit early.to talk about the weather, but according to the current data unstable conditions can be expected at the beginning.
Will it never stop? We've had 2 weeks of rain so far and I hope that at some point it will stop.
Ofcourse I live in the Netherlands, but it's not that far from the north of France.

It's indeed way to early to say anything meaningful about it now though.
 
Re: Re:

Kwibus said:
sir fly said:
I believe it's a bit early.to talk about the weather, but according to the current data unstable conditions can be expected at the beginning.
Will it never stop? We've had 2 weeks of rain so far and I hope that at some point it will stop.
Ofcourse I live in the Netherlands, but it's not that far from the north of France.

It's indeed way to early to say anything meaningful about it now though.
Hopefully, the clouds will get empty by the time of Grand Départ.
At the moment, stable fresh and cloudy sounds more than good.

RedheadDane said:
sir fly said:
Bak was a must - have in the team, as far as I'm concerned.
Sure, but if he'd been a normal person they could've been forced to let him stay at home.
Who am I kidding? None of those guys are normal!
It more hurts lying down in bed.
Riding the pain off feels great.
 
Jun 30, 2014
7,060
0
0
Re: 2016 Tour de France Discussion & Info

Anderis said:
I'm surprised Katusha didn't take Chernetckii. He is riding well recently.
Who knows, they don't let him race too many race that suit him well. In 2014 he finished 7th in Milano-Torino and yet they send him to the Tour of Amaty and not to the rather easy Giro di Lombardia that finished in Bergamo and he never raced LBL.
 
Re: 2016 Tour de France Discussion & Info

With Geniez out/injured, here we go:

L'équipe FDJ pour le Tour de France
Thibaut Pinot (FRA), Cédric Pineau (FRA), William Bonnet (FRA), Matthieu Ladagnous (FRA), Anthony Roux (FRA), Jérémy Roy (FRA), Steve Morabito (SUI), Sebastien Reichenbach (SUI), Arthur Vichot (FRA)

No Demare, it's all about the GC.
 
Re: 2016 Tour de France Discussion & Info

Tonton said:
With Geniez out/injured, here we go:

L'équipe FDJ pour le Tour de France
Thibaut Pinot (FRA), Cédric Pineau (FRA), William Bonnet (FRA), Matthieu Ladagnous (FRA), Anthony Roux (FRA), Jérémy Roy (FRA), Steve Morabito (SUI), Sebastien Reichenbach (SUI), Arthur Vichot (FRA)

No Demare, it's all about the GC.
It seems they have a lot of confidence in Pinot.
 
Re: 2016 Tour de France Discussion & Info

Zinoviev Letter said:
Tonton said:
With Geniez out/injured, here we go:

L'équipe FDJ pour le Tour de France
Thibaut Pinot (FRA), Cédric Pineau (FRA), William Bonnet (FRA), Matthieu Ladagnous (FRA), Anthony Roux (FRA), Jérémy Roy (FRA), Steve Morabito (SUI), Sebastien Reichenbach (SUI), Arthur Vichot (FRA)

No Demare, it's all about the GC.
It seems they have a lot of confidence in Pinot.
or none in Demare.
 
Re: 2016 Tour de France Discussion & Info

Mayo from Mayo said:
Zinoviev Letter said:
Tonton said:
With Geniez out/injured, here we go:

L'équipe FDJ pour le Tour de France
Thibaut Pinot (FRA), Cédric Pineau (FRA), William Bonnet (FRA), Matthieu Ladagnous (FRA), Anthony Roux (FRA), Jérémy Roy (FRA), Steve Morabito (SUI), Sebastien Reichenbach (SUI), Arthur Vichot (FRA)

No Demare, it's all about the GC.
It seems they have a lot of confidence in Pinot.
or none in Demare.
Demare has never had the Tour on his schedule this year
 
Re: 2016 Tour de France Discussion & Info

Tonton said:
With Geniez out/injured, here we go:

L'équipe FDJ pour le Tour de France
Thibaut Pinot (FRA), Cédric Pineau (FRA), William Bonnet (FRA), Matthieu Ladagnous (FRA), Anthony Roux (FRA), Jérémy Roy (FRA), Steve Morabito (SUI), Sebastien Reichenbach (SUI), Arthur Vichot (FRA)
If it's all for Pinot, then it's slightly lacking in climbing depth. Elissonde would be a good addition.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

Latest posts