2016 Tour de France, Stage 3: Granville → Angers (224km)

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Escarabajo said:
The route is fine. We need long stages to wear down cyclists. And also sprinters need their stages.

Just turn on the TV with 12km to go! :D :p
Sitting in a bunch doing 36 km/h for 6 hours on a pan flat stage won't even remotely wear down a professional cyclist unless they're carrying a serious injury. And it's possible to put climbs, cobbles, dirt roads, exposed sections that might have crosswinds etc. on a stage and still favour the sprinters. Sprint stage != completely featureless.
 
Re:

gunara said:
So the reason of Cav's failure three years ago is the same with Kittel's now?
makes sense really...

Froome really is very good at no losing time in stupid situations..

think the only time i can recall it happening was a crosswind stage in 2013 when he lost perhaps a minute
 
Re: Re:

vedrafjord said:
Escarabajo said:
The route is fine. We need long stages to wear down cyclists. And also sprinters need their stages.

Just turn on the TV with 12km to go! :D :p
Sitting in a bunch doing 36 km/h for 6 hours on a pan flat stage won't even remotely wear down a professional cyclist unless they're carrying a serious injury. And it's possible to put climbs, cobbles, dirt roads, exposed sections that might have crosswinds etc. on a stage and still favour the sprinters. Sprint stage != completely featureless.
I thought the Tour was about making places for all riders to exell, even pure sprinters. For GC contenders, these types of stages are challenging.
 
Jun 30, 2012
1,300
0
0
Re: Re:

Arredondo said:
WillemS said:
Dumoulin has a lot of critique on today's course on Dutch television.

He says a course like today's, over 200km long with no incentives to attack, has no place in a GT and especially the TdF.
He's absolutely right ofcourse. A torture to the mind and eyes.
Nah, it's just another style of stage. I don't have a problem with it. It's all part of the variety that is possible in a GT.
 
Re:

TMP402 said:
Did Cavendish in the post-race interview say the camera gave him a Tour of Qatar stage last year he didn't actually win, or that he wasn't awarded one he actually did win? I didn't get that.
the 2nd...

he said that he won one that he wasn't awarded because of the angle of the camera
 
Re:

TMP402 said:
Did Cavendish in the post-race interview say the camera gave him a Tour of Qatar stage last year he didn't actually win, or that he wasn't awarded one he actually did win? I didn't get that.
He said Kristoff was given a stage win because of the camera angle but it was actually his tyre that was slightly in front.
 
Jul 4, 2016
18
0
0
Re:

TMP402 said:
Man, I forgot my daily Dan McLay tip. Another top 10.

What about Sondre Holst Enger 6th place!? 22 Year old! Tours YOungest sprinter (well youngest of all)... Breakthrough!

And beated Kittel, a sign for the future :D
 
Jul 4, 2016
18
0
0
Re: Re:

gunara said:
ExNorseCyc said:
TMP402 said:
Man, I forgot my daily Dan McLay tip. Another top 10.

What about Sondre Holst Enger 6th place!? 22 Year old! Tours YOungest sprinter (well youngest of all)... Breakthrough!

And beated Kittel, a sign for the future :D
Beating Kristoff is more important
For Sondre it is yes. Not for me, Kristoff is better .. Katusha just keeps on <edited> the train up, maybe its because of Mørkøv i dont know. THen again, Kristoff never does well in the start of any tours.
 
Jul 4, 2016
18
0
0
Re:

TMP402 said:
Did Cavendish in the post-race interview say the camera gave him a Tour of Qatar stage last year he didn't actually win, or that he wasn't awarded one he actually did win? I didn't get that.
I tried to post reply with a link to the stage he was talking about, was reported as spam. Anyway, its stage 5 in Tour of Quatar 2016 when he and Kristoff went mano vs man0 for 100 meters and nobody saw who won until finish photo..
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY