• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 Tour de France, Stage 4: Saumur → Limoges (238km)

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
If they ride as easy as yesterday, Cav has again a big chance. Otherwise, this has Sagan written all over it. A long uphill drag difficult enough to remove sprinters, but without changes of percentages to give the likes of Valverde and Alaphilippe a real chance.

Re: Re:

Praying Mantis said:
MacBAir said:
Who is this Praying Mantis guy? Shouldn't we be making sacrifices to the Gods for having him doing these opening posts? Well, I guess Alberto was the first sacrifice, but totally worth it!

HC1e9nT.jpg
Take it to the Pelotoon ;)
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=18062

Re:

spalco said:
I predict the newfound sympathy a lot of people here have for Cav will wear thin very quickly if he wins this one too. :D

I think most of the posts I've seen are from actual Cav fans or those with respect for his achievements. That won't just go away if he wins here.

To be honest though I think this stage is perfect for Sagan, or maybe GVA can do something? He was fancied by BMC the other day but messed up the final.

Could be splits in the bunch too, Contador must be in danger of losing a few seconds if he's still suffering.

Classic Degenkolb stage, Matthews would be a chance if he had top form but Sagan appears to be well ahead. Expected Coquard to have a bit more kick yesterday so would be surprised if he were to do better today.

Impey-Matthews leadout for Gerrans from 500m would be interesting.

Re:

Ferminal said:
Classic Degenkolb stage, Matthews would be a chance if he had top form but Sagan appears to be well ahead. Expected Coquard to have a bit more kick yesterday so would be surprised if he were to do better today.

Degenkolb is a shadow of what he was last year unfortunately. The crash has certainly affected him obviously and sometimes I wonder if he will come back to his best level. Too early to tell obviously.

Re:

Ferminal said:

Degenkolb's surely still quite underdone. Agree that Matthews looks like he's missing a few %, perhaps due to his crashes. I reckon Coquard is a big chance today, but Sagan is simply devastating at the moment. All year really. It will need a meticulous plan completely nailed to beat him - maybe Etixx can do something. Can't see Orica winning anything until the opportunist stages start popping up in the 2nd/3rd week, just lacking firepower at the top end.

TRENDING THREADS