• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 Tour de France, Stage 4: Saumur → Limoges (238km)

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

carton said:
KGB said:
Sagan not that strong as everyone thought.
Sagan's been in the top four in the first four stages, won his first stage in years, and is currently in yellow and green. I mean, if you thought he was going to consume his rivals with fireballs from his eyes and bolts of lightning from his behind, then you might be disappointed. But I think he has to be happy with his form at the moment.

:D Must be said, Sagan does carry the extra weight of crazy expectations.

Electress said:
carton said:
KGB said:
Sagan not that strong as everyone thought.
Sagan's been in the top four in the first four stages, won his first stage in years, and is currently in yellow and green. I mean, if you thought he was going to consume his rivals with fireballs from his eyes and bolts of lightning from his behind, then you might be disappointed. But I think he has to be happy with his form at the moment.

:D Must be said, Sagan does carry the extra weight of crazy expectations.
Maybe he must do more upper body training to strengthen his shoulders! :D ;)

He has his stage win in the pocket already and might win another one along with the green jersey! That's actually very successful compared to last year's Tour!

yaco said:
For what reason - neither can win a sprint like the last two days - It's stages like tomorrow where you work together - Tomorrow's stage is too tough for Matthews and probably Gerrans - Theu could both be domestiques tomorrow.
It will depend how it's raced. GVA was optimistic about hanging on, for example.

Kittel did surprise me today, but thinking about it, his climbing has improved this year (e.g. the stage win in Romandie where about half of the riders were dropped). Two years ago, he was dropped on anything categorized in the last 40km. Coquard was so close though.

I most of the time know pretty much all riders lined up at the TdF. My life is quite busy last 2 years so I haven't been able to watch/read up every race, allthough only a few slip away from me.

McLay was a rider I really never heard of before this TdF. I probably have seen his name before, but it didn't ring any bell that it was a sprinter, but he's doing quite well.
My brother showed me this video (he has him in his poule) as to why he picked him as a cheap rider who could get points: http://video.eurosport.co.uk/cycling/gp-de-denain/2016/dan-mcclay-takes-win-in-grand-prix-de-denain_vid667804/video.shtml (Last 1.3km of GP Denain)

One of the most brilliant sprints I've seen. Since he won this race I was trying to find him all the time, well he won't show until the last seconds and just look at where he's coming from. Most ridiculous crazy sprint I've seen.
Sure against a 2nd/3rd rate field, but it's just hilarious imo.

TRENDING THREADS