• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 Tour de France, Stage 5: Limoges → Le Lioran (216km)

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Kwibus said:
Reagrding the yawns:

The climbing has yet to start, so much is still possible. 70km to go, what do you guys expect?

In the end were getting 2 fights. The breakaway and I'm certain the real GC man will try something as well.

I doubt the GC riders try anything without the stage win up. Theres no motivation unless a Dan Martin wants to put in a few seconds and the big guys don't want to give somebody like that some time, or if Contador is really struggling and they think they can eliminate him completely from GC.

Mar 15, 2009
Visit site
Dear God, I was thinking about killing myself by jumping in front of the peloton this is so boring, but they're going so slowly I don't think I'd get a scratch.

Re:

PremierAndrew said:
I think this breakaway will be brought back if the peloton works from here
They aren't. Tinkoff is slow pedaling. Either the other teams let a rider like Majka back in the race or you slow pedal and allow Contador to loosen his muscles. They aren't riding to protect the lead right now.

:lol: Hahaha Greipel ain't even contesting for the sprint jersey anymore. I called it out in May. He's gonna make himself look like a major goof right now. Hopefully he ain't gonna win any stage at this Tour anymore! Rightful penalty for his shameful behavior at the Giro! I like!

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
Re: Re:

vedrafjord said:
Red Rick said:
King Boonen said:
capuldemetal said:
so astana have grivko in the break.tinkoff won't pull,astana either.so who will chase?

Giant, Movistar, FDJ, possibly Katusha, Cannondale and NL-Jumbo all have reason to chase, I'm guessing the break won't decide the winner.
Why should anyone but Movistar, Etixx, or Sky chase?

Cannondale have a history of putting all their men on the front and driving the pace at the midpoint of a stage for no reason whatsoever.

Poor team, for sale to the highest bidder. JV needs a new pair of shoes.

Just switched on after the Puy St. Mary. The peloton is really enjoying a weekful of sunday rides through France it seems. Man I hope Greg gets 15 minutes on everyone else. I want him to do that and keep yellow until the friggin' Alps to make them pay for this.

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
Re:

HelloDolly said:
So Oleg might stay in cycling ....comms saying Sagan & Contador not signing yet for anther team may be an indication

I guess what he needs is a co sponsor ...but who would get into bed with Oleg......his outbursts alone would not be good if you were interested in PR for your company

Nobody. This is the clown who threatened the team chef during the Giro, chef quit at race end, so Basso and Contador's press man ended up doing the cooking at Dauphiné.

AC is out of contract anyway, and can leave if he wants. It's pretty much only Sagan and Majka who'd be trapped if Tinkov stayed in.

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Re: Re:

Beech Mtn said:
HelloDolly said:
So Oleg might stay in cycling ....comms saying Sagan & Contador not signing yet for anther team may be an indication

I guess what he needs is a co sponsor ...but who would get into bed with Oleg......his outbursts alone would not be good if you were interested in PR for your company

Nobody. This is the clown who threatened the team chef during the Giro, chef quit at race end, so Basso and Contador's press man ended up doing the cooking at Dauphiné.

AC is out of contract anyway, and can leave if he wants. It's pretty much only Sagan and Majka who'd be trapped if Tinkov stayed in.

Was that Hannah Grant? :surprised:

What's the chef story?

Re:

MikeTichondrius said:
Just switched on after the Puy St. Mary. The peloton is really enjoying a weekful of sunday rides through France it seems. Man I hope Greg gets 15 minutes on everyone else. I want him to do that and keep yellow until the friggin' Alps to make them pay for this.
i'm afraid he's way to heavy not to suffer a crushing defeat on any serious stage featuring high mountains.

deValtos said:
Beech Mtn said:
HelloDolly said:

Was that Hannah Grant? :surprised:

What's the chef story?

http://www.bt.dk/cykling/roeg-i-koekkenet-foer-touren-dansk-kok-forlader-tinkoff-efter-trusler

Rune Sørensen. Threatened (amongst other things) by Tinkov in the final days of the Giro. Asked to be released from his contract and now on sick leave due to anxiety - supposedly stemming from the behaviour in the Giro. The chef made a post on facebook about it aswell (albeit in Danish); https://www.facebook.com/Ruune27/posts/10154257601619228

TRENDING THREADS