• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 Tour de France, Stage 5: Limoges → Le Lioran (216km)

Page 32 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

HelloDolly said:
Alot of riders were finding it tough going today

Movistar really put the wind up them along with the heat

I thought Quintana , Valverde, Purito, Aru,Porte, TJvG, Rolland, Bardet , Henao, Froome,& Nieve looked the strongest

Looked to be struggling on the climb (a little) but recovered : Martin, Yates , Barguil, Kelderman, Mollema, Reichenbach
Looked to be struggling on the climb a good bit but recovered : Pinot, JVDB, Allaphillipe, Meintjes

Mostly expected there I suppose, although Pinot probably shouldn't have looked like he was having THAT rough a time of it even if it's not his style.

May 11, 2009
Visit site
My thought is that GVA was sent ahead in order to help his teammates later on the climbs, but strategy changed when the lead got to 15 minutes.

Interesting stage. Movistar giving Sky a shot across the bows or trying to take AC completely out of the picture? And the next question is genuine and not trolling, but who was the Sky rider constantly looking over his shoulder and holding back for Froome after the Bardet attack?

Re:

ferryman said:
Interesting stage. Movistar giving Sky a shot across the bows or trying to take AC completely out of the picture? And the next question is genuine and not trolling, but who was the Sky rider constantly looking over his shoulder and holding back for Froome after the Bardet attack?

Pretty sure that was Henao

And if you're implying some similarities to the Froome-Wiggins race, Froome did a look back after crossing the line a la Wiggins at Nibali :D

Re: Re:

aarononymous said:
ferryman said:

Pretty sure that was Henao

And if you're implying some similarities to the Froome-Wiggins race, Froome did a look back after crossing the line a la Wiggins at Nibali :D

That's who I thought it was but was hard to tell (they all look the same to me;)).

Joking aside, wasn't implying anything, just trying to make some sort of sense of a pretty crazy stage...:)

Re:

thehook said:
For a second there. I though they had Froome on the rivet. They just ran out of road. Looking froward to Ventoux.
Long weekend in the Pyrenees coming up that will surely shake things up...I just hope Movistar have kept enough in the tank for Friday. Hopefully Nibali is also is going to be a good guy and kill it for Aru.

TRENDING THREADS