• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 Tour of Croatia (19-24 april)

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Jspear said:
Are you saying Cav isn't trying? It seems like he would appreciate some wins...even if it is here.

I'm saying I've not seen Nizzolo or Cavendish go at anything approaching full gas - in each of the last three stages it looked like nobody knew quite where the finish was until the last 50-75 metres by which point the winner could just hold on without sprinting. The stage Cavendish did win, himself and Renshaw rode pretty much side-by-side for the last few hundred metres, no leadout, no sprint, just pure positioning. And all this is because...

bursaomentalis said:
It seems that they do not understand the basic concept of cycling (making a sprint finish so twisting that riders cant sprint normally just so that they make the finish in the center of a nice town). All the approaches to the finish are extremely dangerous (example stage 2 going through the woods of Marijan) and the turns in the last 100 meters.

last 2 km
kvasina,zoidl,de la parte

CH9zgRk.jpg

Re:

TMP402 said:
The professionalised (2004) Tour of Britain waited until 2013 for a first British winner. The Tour of Croatia has a good chance of a first Croatian winner in only the second edition. Ouch. Tour Down Under current kings of home winners.

I'd say there's a higher chance that no Croatian finishes on the podium.

TMP402 said:
yaco said:
TMP402 said:
yaco said:
Riders and spectators were like skittles in the last 2km.

Well, this year they've obviously managed to attract WT teams and a big name in Cavendish but they are still very Third World in terms of course design and TV presentation so far.

TV presentation is fine but course design leaves much to be desired.

Well, I've seen km remaining about three times in the whole race so far - and it's yet to be accurate - and they don't even bother telling you the gap to the break. Perhaps not the camera footage but the graphics.

Ah - But Kirby would be onto the lack of a 'ticker' throughout the coverage.

Geraint Too Fast said:
TMP402 said:
The professionalised (2004) Tour of Britain waited until 2013 for a first British winner. The Tour of Croatia has a good chance of a first Croatian winner in only the second edition. Ouch. Tour Down Under current kings of home winners.

A Croation can podium but doubt a win with the TT tomorrow.

yaco said:
Geraint Too Fast said:
TMP402 said:

TTT - not TT

Hugo Koblet said:
yaco said:
Geraint Too Fast said:
TMP402 said:

TTT - not TT
Nevertheless Trek should also be much better in a TTT, so I think Zoidl is the favorite for the gc right now.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Nice win for Zoidl - his first one since joining the ProTour three years ago. It's always kind of sad to see formerly exciting Continental-Tour riders become mediocre ProTour riders, but this is a nice win and if he can win the whole Tour then even better.

Somewhat unfortunate for Trek that Boy Van Poppel didn't make the time cut, I assume he would have been a good rouleur to have for the 40k TTT. But even so you would imagine that if Trek get their act together they should be able to get the race lead for Zoidl.

Nice three wins for Trek... now back to being invisible in Romandie and in the Giro except those 5 mandatory 2nd/3rd places for Nizzolo.

TRENDING THREADS