• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 Vuelta a España, Info & Discussion

Page 18 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

LaFlorecita said:
TMP402 said:
In terms of sprints I would also highlight Bennati, Arndt, and maybe Felline and Reijnan, though Bonifazio should certainly take priority. From breaks, Clarke, Thwaites and Farrar.
Benna will be busy babysitting Alberto but yeah I hope he'll get the opportunity to sprint, he has looked strong the last year or so.

Looked at the startlist, saw the dearth of top sprinters, and figured this is an excellent shot for Bennati to nab another GT stage. Hopefully he is free to do that by the end of the Vuelta.

Valv.Piti said:
FDJ:
ELISSONDE, Kenny
FISCHER, Murilo Antonio
GENIEZ, Alexandre
LADAGNOUS, Matthieu
LE BON, Johan
MANZIN, Lorrenzo
PICHON, Laurent
RÉZA, Kévin
EIKING, Odd Christian

Direct Energie:
SICARD, Romain
JEANDESBOZ, Fabrice
CARDIS, Romain
CALMEJANE, Lilian
MORICE, Julien
ANDERSON, Ryan
HUREL, Tony
NAULEAU, Bryan
QUEMENEUR, Perrig

Cofidis:
BAGOT, Yoann
CHETOUT, Loïc
COUSIN, Jérôme
HARDY, Romain
MATÉ, Luis Ángel
MOLARD, Rudy
ROSSETTO, Stephane
SÉNÉCHAL, Florian
VANBILSEN, Kenneth

Thats some sorry team, guys. AG2R yet to be announced, but they at least have Latour who should do relatively well. No Bouhanni once again makes Cofidis look amateurish, FDJ has a couple of decentish climbers, while Direct Energie also looks like a very bad outfit. #LessTeams

Good post.

:p

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
I've been working today in Cangas de Onis. It's the place I usually work in summer time. I could watch the Covadonga stage on TV. It was very strange to watch the amazing show on TV, only 10 kms to go. The race went by only 100 metres from the place I was working.

By the way, if Vuelta wants to start a Covadonga stage inside a prehistoric cave of stalactites, it can do that.

LA CUEVONA (RIBADESELLA)
LaCuevona3.jpg

cuevona-2.jpg

DSC00522_thumb%5B6%5D.jpg

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Asturiano said:
I've been working today in Cangas de Onis. It's the place I usually work in summer time. I could watch the Covadonga stage on TV. It was very strange to watch the amazing show on TV, only 10 kms to go. The race went by only 100 metres from the place I was working.

By the way, if Vuelta wants to start a Covadonga stage inside a prehistoric cave of stalactites, it can do that.
That's cool (probably literally!).

Asturiano said:

LA CUEVONA (RIBADESELLA)
LaCuevona3.jpg

cuevona-2.jpg

DSC00522_thumb%5B6%5D.jpg

very nice

guillen will start from there but only if it has a steep ramp.

still can't believe that neither of valverde, froome or quintana will fade/have a bad day the next two weeks. of course it will cause them damage only if it comes during aubisque or ITT stage. but to be that fresh after le tour, nah they must get tired.

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Well...after today's stage and knowing that the ITT is about to come, i don't see the GC win escaping from Froome. I have the feeling that Quintana will fade sooner or later, hope to be wrong

I think Tinkoff chased because putting bonus seconds and the stage win on the table was the smart play regardless. But there could be another reason. Mainly, is Contador already racing for third? That would be a bit sad, but it would also make sense. He hasn't even put in a real dig so far in the Vuelta, not even a desperate "Nairo at Ventoux (I don't have the legs but I'll give it everything)" type dig.