• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 Vuelta a España, stage 2: Ourense > Baiona (160.8km)

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Hugo Koblet said:
Top 10 Vuelta stage 1:

1. Meersman
2. Schwarzmann
3. Nielsen
4. Kwiatkowski
5. Van Genechten
6. Sbaragli
7. Bonifazio
8. Restrepo
9. Drucker
10. Manzin

Top 10 Vattenfall Cyclassics:

1. Ewan
2. Degenkolb
3. Nizzolo
4. Van Poppel
5. Kristoff
6. Groenewegen
7. Renshaw
8. Enger
9. Trentin
10. Greipel

:D
Oooh, so close to taking the red jersey.

I wonder if the shy, retiring Kennaugh will be having words at the dinner table :D

Re: 2016 Vuelta a España, stage 2: Ourense > Baiona (160.8km

I say it again. All those sprinters who didn't come to the Vuelta because of the worlds did a huge mistake. They are almost guaranteed to win stages here, while everyone except Kittel and Cav can't really expect a medal in the WC.

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
Re: Re:

DFA123 said:
Hugo Koblet said:
Top 10 Vuelta stage 1:

1. Meersman
2. Schwarzmann
3. Nielsen
4. Kwiatkowski
5. Van Genechten
6. Sbaragli
7. Bonifazio
8. Restrepo
9. Drucker
10. Manzin

Top 10 Vattenfall Cyclassics:

1. Ewan
2. Degenkolb
3. Nizzolo
4. Van Poppel
5. Kristoff
6. Groenewegen
7. Renshaw
8. Enger
9. Trentin
10. Greipel

:D
Oooh, so close to taking the red jersey.

I wonder if the shy, retiring Kennaugh will be having words at the dinner table :D

He took the jersey, on placements

Jun 13, 2016
Visit site

Gigs_98 said:
I say it again. All those sprinters who didn't come to the Vuelta because of the worlds did a huge mistake. They are almost guaranteed to win stages here, while everyone except Kittel and Cav can't really expect a medal in the WC.
So only 2 riders can expect medals? Weird math there.

Okay. I know there was Cyclassics going on as well today and for example Geoffrey Soupe was needed for Bouhanni's leadout-train. But why on earth there ain't no Davide Cimolai and / or Moreno Hofland at the Vuelta when the man sprinters of Lampre & LottoNL in Hamburg apparently where Modolo & Groenenwegen!? I don't get it. it's not that Hofland would steal away a team spot for a useful Kruisjwijk domestique since LottoNL ain't got enough ones anyway.

Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Carty at +1m..

WT pace on flat is something else? I saw him at the back of the peloton in the final 5km

He lost 2 min yesterday too.

Given his age and the fact that it's his first GT he is probably losing time so he could go to breakaways and win stages.

Pardilla should be Caja Rural guy for a possible top-10.

Ricco' said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Carty at +1m..

WT pace on flat is something else? I saw him at the back of the peloton in the final 5km

Given his age and the fact that it's his first GT he is probably losing time so he could go to breakaways and win stages.

I tuned in with about 40km to go and every time they showed the back of the peloton, Carthy was the last rider or in the last three at least.

TMP402 said:
Ricco' said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Carty at +1m..

I tuned in with about 40km to go and every time they showed the back of the peloton, Carthy was the last rider or in the last three at least.
He's probably trying hard to get to the level required to ride for Cannondale next year.

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site

TMP402 said:
Ricco' said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Carty at +1m..

He's not a Froome, he's a Cummings.

Stage win for sure

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site

DFA123 said:
TMP402 said:
Ricco' said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Carty at +1m..

He's probably trying hard to get to the level required to ride for Cannondale next year.

:D My thoughts exactly.

Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Carty at +1m..

it has nothing to do with the pace...he's crap imo, he was disappointing in burgos. of course he had a great season until then so it's actually a normal thing. especially that he's so young.

MacBAir said:
Gigs_98 said:
So only 2 riders can expect medals? Weird math there.
If everything happens as expected the two will probably be in the top 3 since they are usually the 2 fastest sprinters. Therefore they can expect to win a medal. Everyone else can't really do that. Greipel is good but his team will probably focus on Kittel and guys like Kristoff, Sagan, Matthews, Gaviria, Bouhanni, Demare, Viviani,... all have more or less the same chances, so they can't be expect to win a medal because the chances for them aren't very high.
However maybe "expect" is the false word, English isn't my native language. :)

TRENDING THREADS