• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2017 Predictions

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
If somebody is interested in this small Prediction 2017 game, here are preliminary results. Still, two more races to go (Lombardia, Worlds) so the winner is still unknown, but Tonton and DFA are very close :D

Unfortunately, I do not know how to enter the whole XLS document so I can do only this way.
If somebody advises me how to add the xls table with all predictions please send me a private message.

There is 1 point for the correct Place/Name tip and 0,5 points for Podium/Name tip (only for GT)

Nick points GDL Worlds
DFA123 6 Uran GVA
Tonton 6 Pinot Sagan
pink_jersey 5 Rosa Gva
Leffe_Bruin 4,5 Pantano Sagan
Brullnux 4,5 Pinot Gva
wheresmybrakes 4,5 Henao Gaviria
DNP-Old 4 Rosa Gaviria
Gigs_98 4 Rosa Sagan
GenericBoonenFan 4 Costa Sagan
Nirvana 4 Rosa EBH
LaFlorecita 4 Bardet Nizzolo
Asero831 3,5 Rosa Gavaria
Velolover2 3,5 Rosa Sagan
ThePirate81 3,5 Rosa Sagan
sQiD 3,5 Rosa Sagan
Forever The Best 3,5 Rosa Sagan
greenedge 3,5 Welens Sagan
Singer01 3,5 Nibali Sagan
Valv.Piti 3 Valverde Gavaria
barmaher 3 Martin Sagan
Hugo Koblet 3 Valverde Sagan
silvergrenade 3 Rowe Chaves
Maaaaaaaarten 3 Nibali Wellens
manolo57 2,5 Valverde Sagan
Arredondo 2,5 Rosa Matthews
Max Rockatansky 2,5 Henao Krostoff
klipser 2,5 Rosa Sagan
Climber123 2,5 Costa Gva
Ruudz0r 2,5 Heneo Gaviria
the asian 2,5 Uran GVA
sprints n stones 2,5 Rosa SAGAN
Dekker_Tifosi 2,5 o Sagan
Dazed and Confused 2,5 GVA Kwiatko
Laplaz 2 Rosa Kristoff
Red Rick 2 Nibali Groenewgen
DBotero 1,5 Rosa Ebh
SKSemtex 1,5 Pantano Sagan
Rollthedice 0,5 Nibali Valverde
Netserk 0 Nibali Sagan

Re:

Red Rick said:
Well at least I nailed the Giro.

Last 2 names you have a few errors in the order of the last races.

Or Dylan Groenewegen is gonna win Lombardia. Makes perfect sense.

Sorry, you are right. I mixed it up. I am going to correct.

BTW congratulation to Dumounlin . You were the one and only with the correct tip. :)

Re: Re:

SKSemtex said:
Red Rick said:
Well at least I nailed the Giro.

Last 2 names you have a few errors in the order of the last races.

Or Dylan Groenewegen is gonna win Lombardia. Makes perfect sense.

Sorry, you are right. I mixed it up. I am going to correct.

BTW congratulation to Dumounlin . You were the one and only with the correct tip. :)
Something about broken, delusional clocks

Sep 3, 2017
Visit site
Re:

jsem94 said:
Lmao, look who's back.

Plenty really believed in the Tour-Vuelta double though early on. I guess it wasn't that far fetched anyway considering the amount of 2nd places Froome already had.
i think age play o big role , winning back to back at 32 was never done before

My classics predictions were terrible but my GTs were pretty good, 6/9 correct podium mentions. I just got the wrong Dutchman at the Giro, missed Uran and said Aru would come 3rd instead of Zakarin. I also swapped Froome and Nibali and said Bardet would finish 2nd, which was also pretty close. So in reality 1/3 were right. Overall 3/14, which isn't great. It will probably be 3/16 too.

Are you up for doing a bigger prediction game next year?

Re:

Brullnux said:
My classics predictions were terrible but my GTs were pretty good, 6/9 correct podium mentions. I just got the wrong Dutchman at the Giro, missed Uran and said Aru would come 3rd instead of Zakarin. I also swapped Froome and Nibali and said Bardet would finish 2nd, which was also pretty close. So in reality 1/3 were right. Overall 3/14, which isn't great. It will probably be 3/16 too.

Are you up for doing a bigger prediction game next year?
Probably, it could be fun. Small CN forum competition. But I am not sure if people would be interested in filling up so many names in one time.
Probably I will start with the same races on the beginning of the year and few days before the races (these and also the minor ones) I ask for the prediction for winner and podium. The final result will be the combination of points from tips from beginning + points for predictions from actual races.

Tonton said:
SKSemtex said:
SKSemtex said:
Tonton said:
Hehehehehehe ;) :cool: :) ...
Congratulation.
You have a box of good Tokay wine as a price. You just have to come to Slovakia. :)
Actually, you still have only half of the box. Uran still can make it.
God, please...one more. What a beauty that would be. Ending the drought in Lombardia with a deserving successor to Gilles Delion ('nuf said)...
Only I can say: Good luck. Finger crossed.
I like great little TP.
And I do believe that ending these "old droghts" is something that cycling desperatly needs. Especially in TDF and PR.
Medness caused by Sagan in Slovakia, changed cycling from marginal sport to mainstreem. Here it literaly saves the lives as the whole generation of fat fortyishs bought the bykes and went out cycling instead of sitting in pub drinking bear. Including me :)
I wish every country gets his Sagan, Kwiatko, Froome, Dumoulin ....
I love this sport and I wish its popularity comes back where it was 50 years ago. I wish people start knowing the sport like some of you here on CN forum, not as boring 10 min. action sport and long video commercial of France.
Howk. Amen.