• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2017 season riders schedule

Thibaut Pinot (FDJ) ->

Grand Prix Cycliste la Marseillaise (29/01)
Volta a la Comunitat Valenciana (01/02 - 05/02)
Volta ao Algarve em Bicicleta (15/02 - 19/02)
Strade Bianche (04/03) -> To be confirmed
Tirreno-Adriatico (08/03 - 14/03)
Tour of the Alps (17/04 - 21/04)
Giro d'Italia (06/05 - 28/05)

Romain Bardet (AG2R) ->

La Méditerranéenne (08/02 - 12/02)
Abu Dhabi Tour (23/02 - 26/02)
Paris-Nice (05/03 - 12/03)
Vuelta a Pais Vasco (03/04 - 08/04)
Liège-Bastogne-Liège (23/04)
Tour de Romandie (25/04 - 30/04)
Critérium du Dauphiné (04/06 - 11/06)
Championnat de France (25/06)
Tour de France (01/07 - 23/07)

Arnaud Démare (FDJ) ->

Étoile de Bessèges (01/02 - 05/02)
Volta ao Algarve em Bicicleta (15/02 - 19/02)
Omloop Het Nieuwsblad (25/02)
Kuurne-Brussel-Kuurne (26/02)
Paris-Nice (05/03 - 12/03)
Milano-San Remo (18/03)
Dwars Door Vlaanderen (22/03)
Gent Wevelgem (26/03)
Ronde van Vlaanderen (02/04)
Scheldeprijs (05/04)
Paris-Roubaix (09/04)
Grand Prix de Denain (13/04) - To be confirmed
Tro Bro Léon (17/04) - To be confirmed
4 Jours de Dunkerque - Tour des Hauts de France (09/05 - 14/05)
Critérium du Dauphiné or Tour de Suisse
Championnat de France (25/06)
Tour de France (01/07 - 23/07)

I read Nibali will do San Juan or whatever San Luis has become. I imagine he'll then do Oman, Strade Bianche, Tirreno, Sanremo and then Croatia apparently which is a real shame, instead of Trentino and Liege.

I can't believe he isn't going to do Liege; last year after the Giro he said that it was probably his main goal from now on (behind the Olympics)

Re:

Brullnux said:
I read Nibali will do San Juan or whatever San Luis has become. I imagine he'll then do Oman, Strade Bianche, Tirreno, Sanremo and then Croatia apparently which is a real shame, instead of Trentino and Liege.

I can't believe he isn't going to do Liege; last year after the Giro he said that it was probably his main goal from now on (behind the Olympics)

Abu Dhabi after San Juan. Don't think he will do Milan Samremo. I read some articles there was a possibility he would do the Ardennes Classics before the article of Aru today.

Re: Re:

Oliver said:
Brullnux said:

Abu Dhabi after San Juan. Don't think he will do Milan Samremo. I read some articles there was a possibility he would do the Ardennes Classics before the article of Aru today.
Yeah I agree with both. I can't believe he won't do the Ardennes classics, it isn't like him

Dec 21, 2016
Visit site
Wout Poels (Sky) is likely to ride:

Volta a la Comunitat Valenciana
Paris-Nice
Ardennes Classics
Tour de Suisse
Tour de France
(Vuelta a Espana) (it's a possibility)

Source: nos.nl

Brullnux said:
Oliver said:
Brullnux said:

Yeah I agree with both. I can't believe he won't do the Ardennes classics, it isn't like him
At the first training camp http://www.tvistra.hr/vincenzo-nibali-dolazi-na-tour-of-croatia-2017/
There was also a news short here on Cyclingnews where he said that he decided to skip Liege after his bad showing this year and that Lombardia is the only classic that suits him.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
I don't know his full schedule, but on Radiocorsa Diego Rosa said that he's gonna ride Tirreno-Adriatico, Strade Biance, the Giro d'italia and the Italian Autumn classics (he only mentioned the Italan races that he's supposed to ride).

Re:

Mayomaniac said:
I don't know his full schedule, but on Radiocorsa Diego Rosa said that he's gonna ride Tirreno-Adriatico, Strade Biance, the Giro d'italia and the Italian Autumn classics (he only mentioned the Italan races that he's supposed to ride).

Looks nice. Hopefully he will throw the Ardennes in there as well, altho it will be very crowded at Sky.

Still waiting for Valverde and Quintana to state something.We know Valverde will go back to a more traditional schedule and Quintana considers the Giro (which I hope he won't.. I think).

Gaviria will race the Giro, but has his focus on the spring first and foremost. I'd imagine that will be a pretty hard schedule to pull off, hoping he does. Then I suppose autumn classics + WC.

Nirvana said:
pastronef said:
Nirvana said:

he wont ride Tour Down Under
it´s
Cadel Evans Race
Herald Sun Tour
Catalunya
(Liege)
(Romandie)
Dauphine
Tour
In the article it's reported what he said in an interview for the Gazzetta.

problem is the guys at Gazzetta and its readers never heard of Herald Sun Tour. so they mistook it for TDU

I lied. I actually like the move, can't wait for the Giro now. Gonna be a long winter!

The big question is what he will ride now. I say T-A almost is a given at this point, probably along with Catalunya or Pais Vasco and I'd assume he won't ride Romandie/Tour of the Alps or whatever since he didn't in 2014. But only 2 races doesn't seem like too much, interesting what approach they will take. Maybe the race in Argentina, but they said in 2014 it hampered his spring in the Giro-year.

Also, it opens up the door for Valverde to lead the Vuelta one last times. And what better year than this 2017 with some carbon copies of 2009's stages, I like it!

TRENDING THREADS