• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2017 Tour of Oman, 14-19/02 (2.HC)

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
Re:

trevim said:
Hopefully Rui Costa gets a win out of this week, either a stage or the overall, it's about time. I just hope he's not peaking for these prep races just because his team is from that area.

Agree, I hope that Rui Costa is at his best for larger reputation races

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
I'm not surprised with Kristoff win. Tomorrow is the decisive stage for GC riders. Today they save some energy, allowing Kristoff to comeback, perfect scenario for him.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Re: Re:

Flamin said:
Velolover2 said:
Ben Hermans will surprise us tomorrow. He is a puncher but good on very steep gradients. And Green Mountain isn't that long.

I remember him being really good on Powder Mountain a couple of years ago.

Hermans raced on a pretty similar climb just two weeks ago, you know ;)

He did well there too and Green Mountain should suit him a bit better so who knows. Gonna be difficult though.
He was pretty good on Powder Mountain in the Tour of Utah a few years ago, he fnishedd 2nd ahead of Horner, Anacona ,Diniz, Kelderman and Ewans aand he was 2nd on the Kitzbüheler Horn ahead of Hirt when De La Prte crushed everyone. I know that the field in Oman is stronger, but he's pretty good on steep climbs.

TRENDING THREADS