2018 Giro d'Italia, stage 2: Haifa - Tel Aviv 167 km

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

I like how riders actually care about the jersey.

Samamba said:
Campenaerts again but BMC doesn't let him. What are they doing? Trying to get a sprint? Is Dennis pretty fast or what?
Dennis has won reduced bunch sprints in the past, but tbh I don't know how it could work out in this situation..

Re: Re:

Sestriere said:
I like how riders actually care about the jersey.

Samamba said:
Campenaerts again but BMC doesn't let him. What are they doing? Trying to get a sprint? Is Dennis pretty fast or what?
Dennis has won reduced bunch sprints in the past, but tbh I don't know how it could work out in this situation..
Then it makes a bit more sense, but still.

Jul 16, 2010
Re:

Armchair cyclist said:
Hivert was penalised 20 seconds in Yorkshire yesterday for vehicle drafting: I doubt it was as blatant as we have just seen Dumoulin do.
Cheating is allowed as long as Froome is riding. Don't complain.

Re:

Poursuivant said:
Froome losing time is the best thing that can happen for the race, he knows he will lose more in the long TT as well, so he has to attack, controlling isn’t enough.
Froome in bad shape typically doesn't attack in any significant way either.

Gigs_98 said:
I always love those sprints for the first mountain points in a gt. It's almost like the fight for a stage win between breakaway riders.
Yes, awesome BMC working for Bardiani, those Israeli cycling fans adding the local flavor to what they saw happening on Ventoux or Alpe.

Sep 6, 2016
Great work by BMC. I’m not too familiar with crosswinds but I’m guessing when Dennis was on the right hand side of the picture he was protected from the wind?

ASK THE COMMUNITY