• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2018 Giro d'Italia stage 7: Pizzo – Praia a Mare 159 km

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Valv.Piti said:
Pretty disappointing finish considering the stage here in 2016, but I guess they needed to throw in one for the sprinters. Its getting more and more obvious tho just how boring and monotous such stages are now that stages are broadcasted almost in its entirety in the Giro and especially the Tour - that could be a plus in the long run as such stages will be reduced.

Such a shame yes, when we could instead be getting live coverage of women's races. I remember at the Rio Olympics the women's race was every bit as exciting as the men's. But I guess they rather have 6 hours coverage of peloton going at a leisurely pace.

Break #1
Clipboard.gif

Re:

Lequack said:
The other teams have learned nothing and will let Viviani win a bunch sprint. I wonder who makes these brilliant strategies in these other teams. Is their strategy simply lets wait for the bunch sprint and hopefully the guy who always beats us won't beat us again?
Yeah, Bora should tell Bennett; "You're trash and we don't believe in you so we won't chase the break."
Aslong as you don't have anyone in the break, you should chase. Sprinting for 1st place>sprinting for 4th place.

Not to mention Viviani could crash, have a flat, get boxed in, is taken out by Bennett sprinting like a madman,...

Baldinger said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Wow QS, way to thank your ex riders. Hope somebody else wins than a QS rider
So if Aru goes, Astana can't reel him in?
Tony Martin decided to leave. Why should he be getting presents?

Re: Re:

RedheadDane said:
yetiyeti said:
RedheadDane said:
I take it not much has been happening while I'm "away".
I'm not listening to the race much either, I have no idea what these guys are finding to talk about for 4 hours.

I "went to" Spain (Aregon) and France (Dunkerque) for a while.
Apparently there was a puncture.
Can you actually stream Aragon?

Just tuned in, lets hope for some opportunistic riding on that final hill.

Valv.Piti said:
RedheadDane said:
yetiyeti said:
RedheadDane said:
I take it not much has been happening while I'm "away".
I'm not listening to the race much either, I have no idea what these guys are finding to talk about for 4 hours.

I "went to" Spain (Aregon) and France (Dunkerque) for a while.
Apparently there was a puncture.
Can you actually stream Aragon?

It was on the Player. :D

Breh said:
Lequack said:
The other teams have learned nothing and will let Viviani win a bunch sprint. I wonder who makes these brilliant strategies in these other teams. Is their strategy simply lets wait for the bunch sprint and hopefully the guy who always beats us won't beat us again?
Yeah, Bora should tell Bennett; "You're trash and we don't believe in you so we won't chase the break."
Aslong as you don't have anyone in the break, you should chase. Sprinting for 1st place>sprinting for 4th place.

Not to mention Viviani could crash, have a flat, get boxed in, is taken out by Bennett sprinting like a madman,...

There are also a lot of teams with no sprinters, surely their strategy is not to just bring Viviani and Bennet to the sprint finish? I guess winning a stage is not lucrative for the teams anymore?

TRENDING THREADS