• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2019 Dwars door Vlaanderen, April 3th, 182.8km (1.WT)

Official start at 12.25 CEST. Live on Sporza and Eurosport from 14.30 CEST.

START LIST

dvv.png

Top-10 from 2018:

1) Yves Lampaert (Quick-Step Floors)
2) Mike Teunissen (Team Sunweb) +2s
3) Sep Vanmarcke (EF Education First-Drapac)
4) Edvald Boasson Hagen (Dimension Data)
5) Mads Pedersen (Trek-Segafredo)
6) Zdeněk Štybar (Quick-Step Floors) +29s
7) Tiesj Benoot (Lotto Soudal) +30s
8) Greg Van Avermaet (BMC) +59s
9) Niki Terpstra (Quick-Step Floors)
10) Jasper Stuyven (Trek-Segafredo)

Previous winners:

2017 Yves Lampaert
2016 Jens Debusschere
2015 Jelle Wallays
2014 Niki Terpstra
2013 Oscar Gatto

Thanks for starting the thread. They predict bad weather. People will look out to see Valverde. Vanmarcke will be back. Stybar and Van Aert will be absent. My stars:

*****Gilbert, Van Avermaet, Kristoff
****Lampaert, Jungels, Naesen
***Terpstra, Van der Poel
**Valverde, Stuyven
*Benoot, Vanmarcke, Boasson Hagen

Re:

Pantani_lives said:
This might be the only cobbled classic with rain this spring.

I wonder if some riders will think more about the weekend coming up if the weather makes the race too hard or dangerous with crashes. Maybe an outsider will be able to do something, thats more eager to risk it and take chances.

Some might even be a bit sore after GW also, that are lining up here too. It was a long race with the distance, but the pace they had made it brutal.

Jungels won't get away that easy this time. I'd be very shocked if they just let him ride away now that they know what he can do. Unless DQS can somehow prevent the other teams from reacting/chasing.

TRENDING THREADS