• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2019 Giro d'Italia Stage 17: Commezzadura - Anterselva 181km

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

HelloDolly said:
What we have here are a group of people who just love to be pessimistic

And who you would think have never seen a GT ....Everyone has a bad day and if this is Nnibali's then I would take that

Remember Carapaz has not had one yet

I still stand by my believe the race will be won in Verona and Friday & Saturday are the days for Nibali ...not a one climb that's suits Carapaz
And Landa is the main threat

Addy Ingles is about 1 million times more positive than you lot
Its not over till its over
+1

Great win for Peters. Keeps looking better for Movistar. Mollema has impressed me in this race. No one picked him to win or make the podium but i hope he hangs onto his fifth place. Nibali and Roglic had heavy legs. Good to see Chaves at the front again after being out for a long time.

Re: Re:

Breh said:
Laplaz said:
hfer07 said:
What we have here is Carapaz a the GC winner while Nibs and Landa fight for podium honors
Everyone saying it's over lol :rolleyes: everything can still change, Giro 2016 and 2018 docet.
Indeed. Just one week ago nobody mentioned Carapaz and Roglic had won the Giro already.

I remember after the second TT everyone was ready to hand the victory to Roglic. I'm sure he'd take it over having to do the mountains. :)

Re:

HelloDolly said:
Wiggo say on #thebreakaway that he is not happy Carapaz may go to INEOS we as wont see him thrive and will miss attacking riding as he rides the train
Of all the riders to benefit from the train Wiggo got the most out of it i'd say
Difference being a rider trying to win and being a fan and wanting the best spectacle

Scarponi said:
HelloDolly said:
Wiggo say on #thebreakaway that he is not happy Carapaz may go to INEOS we as wont see him thrive and will miss attacking riding as he rides the train
Of all the riders to benefit from the train Wiggo got the most out of it i'd say
Difference being a rider trying to win and being a fan and wanting the best spectacle
Will be hard for Carapaz to win if he's got like 3 riders ahead of him in the pecking order.

Re:

HelloDolly said:

He readily admitted he benefited from it, but Team Ineos/Sky are even stronger now

del1962 said:
HelloDolly said:

He readily admitted he benefited from it, but Team Ineos/Sky are even stronger now
2012 was the worst though on that first MTF, I think they had 5 of 8 left.

Scarponi said:
del1962 said:
HelloDolly said:

2012 was the worst though on that first MTF, I think they had 5 of 8 left.

Well Froome,Porte and Rogers at the time were better climbers than Wiggo

We only get good racing if INEOS have a weak team ....God help us at the Tour with Froome, Thomas, Bernal,Poels, Kwaito, etc

And for ever more with Bernal,Shivkov, Sosa, Dunbar ...and Carapaz