• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2019 Giro d'Italia, stage 2: Bologna - Fucecchio, 205 km

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

search said:
vladimir said:
HelloDolly said:
Suck_Out said:
De Plus +12:10

Did he crash ?
Nothing on Jumbo's Twitter yet, but I noticed that half the team was suddenly gone. Kuss and van Emden 9 minutes down and De Plus and Leezer at 12 minutes. So surely something must have happened!?
I guess van Emden and Leezer did a bit of work early on?! And de Plus and Kuss are saved for the final week, so no surprise to see them taking it easy

I think the Jumbo guys were just taking it easy after shepherding Roglic through most of the stage. A little surprised to see De Plus lose that much time, but in a way it makes sense if no one will be going for GC except Roglic and the team wants to keep its support riders fresh and out of trouble. Dropping behind the peloton with a few kilometers to go is one way to lessen the risk of problems from crashes (for the support guys).

Not bad to win your first ever mass-start GT stage and to beat the likes of Ewan, Viviani, and Gaviria while doing it. He wasn't the guy I was cheering for most but I'm kinda glad he won, seeing how happy he was and how much it meant to him.

Re: Re:

Armchair cyclist said:
search said:
yeah, I talked to Martens the other day, the plan is to keep de Plus and Kuss as fresh as possible for the final week

Odd that he put in the effort to get a top ten place yesterday in that case.

Yeah, I agree...

Maybe test where he is at form wise?
He fancied his chances to get a result, which he did. He probably wont get many chances for that.
Team classification?

Who knows. :eek: