• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2019 National Championships

Page 14 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
66053498_10214542506456478_2272032519853441024_n.jpg
This year's Danish championships wins the price for most boring route.

Congrats to all the winners.

Nice to see Valverde and LL Sanches on the podium in Spanish Championships as it was raced in Murica.
One other note, I'd like to Congratulation Miguel Angel Ballesteros who finished 29th in the Spanish Championships today. Ok it was only 29th, but he is racing as an amateur currently for Valverde's U-23 and Elite teams, Valverde Team - Terra Fecundis. They had 2 riders in this race. Just nice to see him finish in the top 30. This race should give him a good idea of what he needs to work on to improve and hopefully get a pro contract at some point.

The gap was huge.

https://static.rad-net.de/nachrichten/images/radnews/img47097.jpg

1. Maximilian Schachmann (BORA - hansgrohe)
2. Marcus Burghardt (BORA - hansgrohe)
3. Andreas Schillinger (BORA - hansgrohe)
4. Nils Politt (Team Katusha Alpecin) 1:32
5. Georg Zimmermann (Tirol KTM Cycling Team) 1:50
6. Simon Geschke (CCC Team) 3:23
7. Philipp Walsleben (Corendon - Circus) 3:55
8. Roger Kluge (Lotto Soudal)
9. Johannes Fröhlinger (Team Sunweb) 4:28
10. John Degenkolb (Trek - Segafredo) 4:55

190 riders started, only 15 finished the race.

Re: Re:

tobydawq said:
Broccolidwarf said:
CyclingEnthusiast said:
It's worth noting that the man who came 6th today in the German ITT, only 1:27 behind Tony Martin is a full time lightweight rower (who has won gold in his last two lightweight double events and looks on track to medal at the world championships at his current trajectory).

He's stated his intention to turn to cycling after the 2020 olympiad and is certainly a name to watch for anyone interested. It is true rowing and cycling physiology has it's similarities but I think this a rather remarkable result given the fact he's probably only putting spare time into cycling and achieving quite excellent results in both disciplines.

I think it will be fascinating to see what kind of results he can produce should he commit to cycling full time.

Did he pedal with his arms :confused:

You use your lower body more than your upper body when you row (at least the general you, I can't speak for you specifically).

Try comparing the arms of a rower and a cyclist :cool:

Broccolidwarf said:
tobydawq said:
Broccolidwarf said:
CyclingEnthusiast said:
It's worth noting that the man who came 6th today in the German ITT, only 1:27 behind Tony Martin is a full time lightweight rower (who has won gold in his last two lightweight double events and looks on track to medal at the world championships at his current trajectory).

He's stated his intention to turn to cycling after the 2020 olympiad and is certainly a name to watch for anyone interested. It is true rowing and cycling physiology has it's similarities but I think this a rather remarkable result given the fact he's probably only putting spare time into cycling and achieving quite excellent results in both disciplines.

I think it will be fascinating to see what kind of results he can produce should he commit to cycling full time.

You use your lower body more than your upper body when you row (at least the general you, I can't speak for you specifically).

Or the legs...
But, that's why it's perfect. Legs from cycling and arms from rowing!
Remember that time - way back - when we had that conversation about splicing a cyclist and a rower? This is the more... ethical version of that.

RedheadDane said:
Broccolidwarf said:
tobydawq said:
Broccolidwarf said:
CyclingEnthusiast said:

Or the legs...
But, that's why it's perfect. Legs from cycling and arms from rowing!
Remember that time - way back - when we had that conversation about splicing a cyclist and a rower? This is the more... ethical version of that.

Don't think that was with me :confused:

A few things about the Italian RR:
Gabburo was really strong, riding a decent pace for Visconti on the climb durning the last few laps and pulling on the flat.
Aru tried to catch Formolo but went too late and was caught, then he did a lot of work for Ulissi on the climb, he looked stronger than Ulissi.
The immortal Rebellin finished inside the top 20.

Max Rockatansky said:
The gap was huge.

https://static.rad-net.de/nachrichten/images/radnews/img47097.jpg

1. Maximilian Schachmann (BORA - hansgrohe)
2. Marcus Burghardt (BORA - hansgrohe)
3. Andreas Schillinger (BORA - hansgrohe)
4. Nils Politt (Team Katusha Alpecin) 1:32
5. Georg Zimmermann (Tirol KTM Cycling Team) 1:50
6. Simon Geschke (CCC Team) 3:23
7. Philipp Walsleben (Corendon - Circus) 3:55
8. Roger Kluge (Lotto Soudal)
9. Johannes Fröhlinger (Team Sunweb) 4:28
10. John Degenkolb (Trek - Segafredo) 4:55

190 riders started, only 15 finished the race.

Strange that only 15 riders finished. :surprised: Why?