• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2021 Giro d'Italia: Stage-by-Stage Analysis

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Eshnar, in the stage 16 (queen stage) you wrote "Meanwhile, the Canyon of Sottoguda has been wrecked by a flood, and who knows when it will be ready again to host a race ". So you mean that they are taking a different route? is it to much different from what we have usually seen before?
It's a few km in the middle of the ascent.

Compare the old profile of the ascent with the new one:
gV4GXgQ.png

ny6cMPYBDhvrM1f5zd8V_230421-114357.jpg

Eshnar, in the stage 16 (queen stage) you wrote "Meanwhile, the Canyon of Sottoguda has been wrecked by a flood, and who knows when it will be ready again to host a race ". So you mean that they are taking a different route? is it to much different from what we have usually seen before?
there is a more modern road that goes above the gorge instead of in the middle of it. That's the one they used in the 90's, before Zomegnan decided to use again the old one for scenic effect.

28299dc74b56b6a2ffc423b73ae463fee15e958f3c56ba6f8a81a71f0ec7fcd1.jpg

Great job, as usual!
Stage 4 is pretty good to create some gaps early on and the first week MTF is harder than I thought.
The sterrato stage is awesome and the medium mountain stage right after it has some potential.
I would have added 20km to the opening ITT (making the Grado-Gorizia stage a TT would have been even better), so that you don't have to bank on the sterrato to create some gaps.
I dislike the Zoncolan stage and there are a bit too many uphill finishes, but with more kmss of ITT it would be a really good route.

TRENDING THREADS