2021 rider schedules

A thread to bring together news and rumours about the planned race calendars and key targets for the 2021 road season and Olympics (all cycling disciplines) assuming for now that the vast majority of established races go ahead in their normal position in the year.

Due to the uncertainty this year riders are a lot later then in usual years to communicate their targets for the next year, which is understandable.

Ganna communicated today the first half of his race schedule:
Giro and Olympics are his big targets.

24-31 January: Vuelta a San Juan
10-16 March: Tirreno-Adriatico
20 March: Milan-Sanremo
11 April: Paris-Roubaix
19-23 April: Tour of the Alps
8-30 May: Giro d'Italia
23-27 June: European Track Championships
24 July: Olympic Games, road races
28 July: Olympic Games, time trial
2-8 August: Olympic Games, track competitions

He also said that he wants to help TGH at the giro, which would mean that TGH will target the giro another time next year.

Due to the uncertainty this year riders are a lot later then in usual years to communicate their targets for the next year, which is understandable.

Ganna communicated today the first half of his race schedule:
Giro and Olympics are his big targets.

24-31 January: Vuelta a San Juan
10-16 March: Tirreno-Adriatico
20 March: Milan-Sanremo
11 April: Paris-Roubaix
19-23 April: Tour of the Alps
8-30 May: Giro d'Italia
23-27 June: European Track Championships
24 July: Olympic Games, road races
28 July: Olympic Games, time trial
2-8 August: Olympic Games, track competitions

He also said that he wants to help TGH at the giro, which would mean that TGH will target the giro another time next year.
Hard to imagine European riders/teams going to San Juan so that might change. Most looking forward to see what he can accomplish in Paris-Roubaix. He certainly has the body for it.

If Ineos already know that they will send Hart as the leader to the Giro I'd suppose that's because he's British? Because I don't rate him that high among all those that Ineos have. But maybe I'm still underestimating him.

Anyway, Ganna vs. Evenepoel now sounds like a nice duel.

If Ineos already know that they will send Hart as the leader to the Giro I'd suppose that's because he's British? Because I don't rate him that high among all those that Ineos have. But maybe I'm still underestimating him.

Yeah, I also wouldn´t set in stone his statement about TGH. The source in this article is also the Gazzetta dello Sport, which in my eyes is always somewhat optimistic about the Giro.
I remember last year, the Gazzetta reported in this time of the year, that Dumoulin, Bernal and Pogacar would ride the giro and in the end nobody did.. ;)

Surely they will send him and some others out of Carapaz, Thomas, Yates, Bernal, Sivakov and Porte.

They will go in and see how it goes. Anyone can have a bad race, race, get sick and so on. It is good to have options. Thats how he ended up winning this year.

ASK THE COMMUNITY