• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2022 - 47th Trofeo Alfredo Binda - Comune di Cittiglio (1.WWT)

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
FOTgmVnWUAcrRAc

Reactions: RedheadDane
Yeah, I don't think he's quite as prominent as Urska Zigart's fiance.
But as Samu pointed out, he might have been helping the UAE team, since that's the team he rides for the men's version of.
Idunno, this is a cycling board so obviously Tadej Pogačar is a higher prominence athlete than a guy whose main claim to fame is being the #2 driver in a top F1 team, but globally I think Bottas is probably more well known to the man/woman in the street due to the prominence of F1 globally. Yes, Tadej has twice won the one race in the sport that everybody is aware of, but there's a gulf between knowing the event and knowing its protagonists.

Reactions: yaco
Idunno, this is a cycling board so obviously Tadej Pogačar is a higher prominence athlete than a guy whose main claim to fame is being the #2 driver in a top F1 team, but globally I think Bottas is probably more well known to the man/woman in the street due to the prominence of F1 globally. Yes, Tadej has twice won the one race in the sport that everybody is aware of, but there's a gulf between knowing the event and knowing its protagonists.

Yeah, I also expect that more people will have heard of Bottas, especially since he's been around for longer. I mean I haven't really watched that much F1 since Rosberg won the championship in 2016, but Bottas was already a household name in motorsport before he took over his half compatriot's seat at Mercedes.

TRENDING THREADS