• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2022 Vuelta a Burgos (2/8 - 6/8)

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Tao vs Hindley round 2, no idea if the former is even going to the Vuelta as PCS has him down for Bretagne late August.
I think Tao will be going as GC leader for La Vuelta if he can finally show he's over all the problems of 2021. He seems to have been in the never-ending cycle of injury, sickness and crashes, chasing back to form, illness, crashes. Hope him and Hindley have a good battle in Burgos.

Neither Sivakov or Rodriguez are known to be leaders and they certainly haven't won a Grand Tour yet lol! It'll be Tao & Carapaz defacto leaders, but Ineos always ride for whoever is strongest regardless of any preliminary leadership status, always have.
Tao isn’t even going to them Vuelta, Carapaz and Rodriguez are leaders. We’ve already established Tao had one good performance.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Hindley was also injured last year and has shown flashes of that level, just not consistently. Tao hasn’t shown any form at all.

Hardly. Pre Giro 2022 Hindley showed pretty much the same as Tao. Glimpses of decent results but nothing suggesting a GT win.
Not that I believe in Hart's chances to win the Vuelta or any other GT, it's just that we had the same story with Hindley. But he doesn't ride for Sky/Ineos and didn't actually win the whole thing in 2020, so he remained a bit overlooked compared to Tao. My opinion.

Clipboard.png

Squalo spotted amongst the cars

TRENDING THREADS