• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2nd Adriatica Ionica Race /// july 24th - 28th 2019

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

It seems as though they have no idea themselves.

They have a countdown clock on their website, that does a countdown to the start of the race... which does not add up with the start time they have elsewhere on their website. Going by those times, it seems the PMG "live" coverage will indeed NOT be live. On the other hand, TIZ is copying the PMG stream and calling it a "live stream"... so i have no idea at this point.

RedheadDane said:
YouTube live counts as ****** as well.
Recaps is not coverage.
It is coverage. It is not live coverage though.

Re:

Logic-is-your-friend said:
According to the preview on Feltet, the race also wants to promote local culture & tourism, iirc. But it seems like TV coverage is somewhat meager. Especially frustrating during the "Queen Stage", when only the final climb will be televized, according to the official profile at least.

I also have no idea if the race will be broadcast live on tv, and if so, where. I see Eurosport 2 is showing recaps of 30 minutes late at night (around/before midnight). I see PMG has the stages set to go live on their youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCuNpZUFKAaQIlyLt5-bp_g so there's that at least.

I'll add that to the OP.

TV = traguardo volante = intermediate sprint

Regarding race coverage like all the Ciclismo Cup races the coverage is produced by PMG Sport and sold to various networks but not all the events are live, Eurosport has the rights but they air only the races with live coverage (like Tirol, Emilia, Tre Valli). Usually the highlights are on PMG Sport Facebook page at 17:00 but I think they delayed to 18:00 to avoid overlapping with the Tour. Anyway should be more than an hour of highlights so more than the usual 45 minutes they have for the other non live events.

The surprising thing is that here the race will be on Sky Sport Arena (bar stage 3 on Sky Sport 1), it's the first time that Sky has a cycling race if we exclude multi sports events like the recent European Games.

Re:

Nirvana said:
The surprising thing is that here the race will be on Sky Sport Arena (bar stage 3 on Sky Sport 1), it's the first time that Sky has a cycling race if we exclude multi sports events like the recent European Games.
they used to have some stuff a couple of years ago, like Tour Down Under, for example (and also one of the Swiss races, I think). But it must be the first time in a while, yeah

Re: Re:

search said:
Nirvana said:
they used to have some stuff a couple of years ago, like Tour Down Under, for example (and also one of the Swiss races, I think). But it must be the first time in a while, yeah
Tour Down Under and Tour de Suisse and Romandie were on Bike Channel here until 2017 then after the financial problems of Bike Channel the TDU totally disappeared from TV (along with a bunch of other races that used to be on Bike Channel) whereas Romandie and Suisse went to Eurosport.

Anyway would be great if Sky will start to pick up some rights, Eurosport with only two channels is saturated whereas Sky has how many space they want considering that they can use also the various additional Sky Sport channels that they turn on only for some events like Wimbledon or Champions Leauge matches.

Re: Re:

Nirvana said:
search said:
Nirvana said:
Tour Down Under and Tour de Suisse and Romandie were on Bike Channel here until 2017 then after the financial problems of Bike Channel the TDU totally disappeared from TV (along with a bunch of other races that used to be on Bike Channel) whereas Romandie and Suisse went to Eurosport.
yes. And before that, they (or parts of them) were on Sky Sports

Tour Down Under till 2016: http://www.steephill.tv/2016/tour-down-under/#live
Tour de Romandie till 2014: http://www.steephill.tv/2014/tour-de-romandie/#live

From their website:

Tomorrow, Thursday July 25th, the Adriatica Ionica Race stage 2 consists of 186 Km from Favaro Veneto to Grado – with a 23 Km overall stretch of dirt roads to shake up the GC. The TV highlights will be on air from 6:00 pm CET on Eurosport, RaiSport, Sky Sport Arena and PMG Sport web’s platforms.

So nowhere in the universe, can you watch this race life. Frankly, i'm a bit baffled, considering how ambitious the organizers are while aiming to expand this race, that there is no life feed whatsoever. There are U23, even junior races, that have life feeds. :eek:

it's a bit irritating to be honest, as the race organisation called it "Stage 1" indeed (and starts the "real" race with Stage 2 today), but obviously the UCI does not agree.

I guess the background is, that they initially wanted to start the race with the crit stage (as a normal part of the race) but didn't realize early enough that stages like that are not allowed

Re:

search said:
it's a bit irritating to be honest, as the race organisation called it "Stage 1" indeed (and starts the "real" race with Stage 2 today), but obviously the UCI does not agree.

I guess the background is, that they initially wanted to start the race with the crit stage (as a normal part of the race) but didn't realize early enough that stages like that are not allowed

They wanted to do a TTT first. UCI said: nope. Then a stage. UCI said nope again.