• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2nd Adriatica Ionica Race /// july 24th - 28th 2019

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Logic-is-your-friend said:
Kevin Rivera obviously didn't quit, he finished 25th, nearly 15 minutes down.

RedheadDane said:
I know this has no bearing on the overall race (and I only notice because of my nationality) but what's with the Dane Gang?

11 Honoré Mikkel Frølich, Deceuninck - Quick Step 5:10
12 Eg Niklas, Trek - Segafredo ,,
13 Gregaard Jonas, Astana Pro Team,,

Quite interested to see where Eg & Gregaard end up. Both seemed to be late bloomers in the U23's with some great results at 21 and 22. I guess Knox falls in the same category.

You mean where they'll end up in the GC?

Pharazon said:
apparently the grupetto got caught in a gold ball sized hail storm. literally had to get off their bikes and hide in team cars

Did they get rich? :p
Saw a video with Sieberg sitting in the Neri Sottoli car, he... seemed to have some issues fitting.

A break with Masnada (who wasn't great yesterday and is over 10 minutes back in GC) has 6 minutes on the peloton.

Fausto Masnada (Androni-Sidermec)
Etienne Van Empel (Neri Sottoli-Selle Italia-KTM)
Charles Planet (Team Novo Nordisk)
Sjoerd Van Ginneken (Roompot-Charles)
Xavier Cañellas (Caja Rural-Seguros RGA)

The break now has 5'15" after 87 km.
+/- 120 km from the finish.

------------------------------------------

Peloton is moving closer. After 100km the break has 4'40" left.

At 110km from the finish, the break has 4'30" left. (I think there is something wrong with their updates because the stage is only 205km long).

Canellas crashed and had to chase. Van Ginneken was dropped and is a minute down. There are now 3 leaders left with 3’25” on the peloton. 55k to go.

Masnada now solo, but the gap has been greatly diminished.

------------------------------------

Evenepoel attacks.

Evenepoel with Masnada in the front of the race.

Less than 20k. Velasco chasing 33 seconds behind Evenepoel & Masnada.

Re: Re:

Bonimenier said:
repre said:
Padun's win confirmed, he is back. Expecting big autumn from him
I'm expecting some action on the final stage tomorrow. He should be able to hold the lead, but wouldn't call it a certainty yet.
It's a sprint stage just like last year or the final Giro stage that finished here.
https://www.procyclingstats.com/race/adriatica-ionica-race/2019/stage-6/today/profiles
A shame, Trieste is filled with hard climbs, Scala Santa for example is a cobbled Muro di Sormano.

Re:

repre said:
Padun's win confirmed, he is back. Expecting big autumn from him
He rode a smart race yesterday. Didn't have any teammate with him when Evenepoel attacked and let other teams work. He only reacted when Knox and Hermans tried a couple of times on the final hill and never seemed in trouble.

Tomorrow should be an easier stage to control, but DQS has the numbers, so better be alert.

TRENDING THREADS