• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2nd Adriatica Ionica Race /// july 24th - 28th 2019

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
01 Mark Padun 1996 Bahrain - Merida 17:06:45
02 Ben Hermans 1986 Israel Cycling Academy + 15
03 James Knox 1995 Deceuninck - Quick Step + 24
04 Jonathan Caicedo 1993 EF Education First + 29
05 Nicola Conci 1997 Trek - Segafredo + 01:26
06 Dayer Quintana 1992 Neri Sottoli - Selle Italia - KTM + 01:42
07 Jan Polanc 1992 UAE Team Emirates + 02:58
08 Remco Evenepoel 2000 Deceuninck - Quick Step + 04:20
09 Daniel Muñoz 1996 Androni Giocattoli - Sidermec + 04:34
10 Mikkel Honore 1997 Deceuninck - Quick Step + 05:59
11 Jonas Gregaard 1996 Astana Pro Team + 07:14
12 Winner Anacona 1988 Movistar Team + 10:41
13 Fausto Masnada 1993 Androni Giocattoli - Sidermec + 11:50
14 Danilo Wyss 1985 Team Dimension Data + 12:22
15 Matteo Busato 1987 Androni Giocattoli - Sidermec + 13:11
16 Filippo Fiorelli 1994 Italy + 13:26
17 Francesco Bongiorno 1990 Neri Sottoli - Selle Italia - KTM + 15:33
18 Niklas Eg 1995 Trek - Segafredo + 18:11
19 Sebastian Schönberger 1994 Neri Sottoli - Selle Italia - KTM + 19:24
20 Enrico Barbin 1990 Bardiani - CSF + 22:53

Re: Re:

Logic-is-your-friend said:
F_Cance said:
Evene crashed again or what happened?
He pulled the peloton for the sprint, didn't care enough for 5th place GC, and let go at 3k before the finish.

Good that he is still very up for working for the team and they got the stage win but not too impressive that he apparently wasn’t willing to put in the effort for another 4 minutes to secure the top 5 GC result that would still be a notable and significant one at this early stage of his career.

hayneplane said:
F_Cance said:
He pulled the peloton for the sprint, didn't care enough for 5th place GC, and let go at 3k before the finish.

Good that he is still very up for working for the team and they got the stage win but not too impressive that he apparently wasn’t willing to put in the effort for another 4 minutes to secure the top 5 GC result that would still be a notable and significant one at this early stage of his career.

Alaphilippe just said yesterday regarding his 5th place at the Tour: 5th or 50th is the same to me, not a victory!

Contador had a similar mindset. Personally, I like it. Those guys fight for the win, 2nd place is the first loser of the race.

Akuryo said:
hayneplane said:
F_Cance said:

Alaphilippe just said yesterday regarding his 5th place at the Tour: 5th or 50th is the same to me, not a victory!

Contador had a similar mindset. Personally, I like it. Those guys fight for the win, 2nd place is the first loser of the race.

Contador could afford to have that attitude because he already had the big wins on his palmares before any of the who dares wins type attacks.

As thrilling as Fuente De was in my view it is less likely that it would have been attempted in that way if he did not already have the 2008 Vuelta win on his record. When you have already won and are only risking a podium then win or bust is more attractive than if you are risking a career best result to step up further.

Akuryo said:
hayneplane said:
F_Cance said:

Not like the team needs the points too haha

TRENDING THREADS