• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2nd rest day - Who do you think will win la Vuelta?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will win la Vuelta?

• Vino/other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
willbick said:
40% of forumits still think Contador's gonna win??!!!:confused: I thought this was supposed to be a forum for people with some knowledge of cycling??

People make the wrong decisions all the time in real life knowing the consequences :)

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Until the end of Bole del Mundo stage I will still vote for Contador. Purito can still crack, and don't forget 5 days till saturday, so Contador could improve.

If Contador wins on Bola, he needs to drop Rodriguez by 25 seconds to take the overall lead with 1 second. Which doesn't seem that far-fetched. Rodriguez admitted he was on the limit on Sunday and I didn't find him particularly impressive (compared to Contador) today. I still think Alberto will win this.

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I voted for Alberto. Although Purito is in the shape of his life, Contador attacking spirit is not going to fade away and I can see him a little bit stronger everyday. Purito can crack or have a bad day. The difference between them two is minimal. Plenty of terrain to turn the race upside down.

LUVING THE VUELTA !!!

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
PURITO!!! He's been the best throughout. This year he seems to have resolved his weaknesses in the TT and with lack of consistency. I've seen nothing to suggest he'll throw it away at this stage.

Having said that the gap is less than 30 seconds which is absolutely nothing on a climb like Bola del Mundo. More great racing on Saturday for sure! :)

Oct 31, 2009
Visit site
J Rods Got this in the Bag unless he seriously Cocks things Up.. Contador is pretty much up against it now.. Sky might even do a Final few Ambush attacks if they can screw Froomes legs back on Over Rest Day.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
After 5 years trying to win a grand tour, 6 top 10's in grand tours, and 2 podiums, El Purito will finally take a grand tour win.

And I can't wait to see the epic duel between him and Contador on Bola del Mundo.

willbick said:
40% of forumits still think Contador's gonna win??!!!:confused: I thought this was supposed to be a forum for people with some knowledge of cycling??

Just because they think Contador will win doesn't mean they don't have knowledge of cycling. It is still very possible that Contador could take this vuelta if he puts in a strong attack and Purito can't follow it.

Andre.J said:
I still voted for Contador. He hasn't given up on himself, then neither should his fans give up on him.

Andre

Of course he doesn't give up, why would he? But if I would say I think Alberto will win I would be lying. I do have some common sense. What has Alberto shown that makes you think he can still win? He has never dropped Purito in this Vuelta. Of course it could happen. But nothing suggests it will.

Imo he should just go for the stage win. At least he'd leave with something.

LaFlorecita said:
Of course he doesn't give up, why would he? But if I would say I think Alberto will win I would be lying. I do have some common sense. What has Alberto shown that makes you think he can still win? He has never dropped Purito in this Vuelta. Of course it could happen. But nothing suggests it will.

Imo he should just go for the stage win. At least he'd leave with something.

Well, to win a stage, he has to drop Purito first and if he drops Purito, he will pretty much win Vuelta

TRENDING THREADS