• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2nd rest day - Who do you think will win la Vuelta?

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will win la Vuelta?

• Vino/other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

iZnoGouD

BANNED
Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Well he should just save himself and go all out in the last km. And pray Purito doesn't pass him in the last 20 meters.

Purito is good in the last km, if he is still there in the last km no way he loses
what AC has to do is make the race as hard as possible with his team and then attack with 5 km to go, that's his only shot at winning this
if it fail he is still second anyway

May 21, 2010
Visit site
Voted Bertie.More heart than head.
Have to say not been the biggest Bertie fan in the past,watching him ride off into the distance day after day was both ridiculous and boring.
However last years tour and this Vuelta hes shown hes human and along with it hes shown some great human qualities
.Guts determination,fighting spirit <insert cliche here> etc etc

Come on Bertie you can do it lad.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Of course he doesn't give up, why would he? But if I would say I think Alberto will win I would be lying. I do have some common sense. What has Alberto shown that makes you think he can still win? He has never dropped Purito in this Vuelta. Of course it could happen. But nothing suggests it will.

Imo he should just go for the stage win. At least he'd leave with something.

Contador will fight to the end. I like his accelerations and if he can just hold that burst a few seconds more he will drop Rodriguez. He also has a slightly better team. Maybe your common sense is more enlightened than mine, but I still say Contador wins it. Of course..I am wrong many times.

Andre

Purito is set to win the Vuelta-but as he said, he only needs a bad day and is over. OTOH I will not be disappointed at all if Alberto does not win it, because he has given everything & made the race so exciting to watch, that his podium place would look to me as an overall victory for his awaited return :)

As far as who would I like to win......hmmmm....This choice between those two is difficult for me, because I like them both a lot-Alberto for obvious reasons, but Purito too has that breed of class & toughness that make him an amazing rider-I've followed his career since the Caisse days, & always thought he needed to go alone & get his own glory elsewhere. He did & now he's set to get that GC title he was lacking...

No Machado option?

In that case I'll have to vote for Purito. I'm a huge fan of AC and of course would want him to win but I think J-Rod deserves this one as well. After all it will probably be his only/best chance to win a GT while AC of course isn't done yet :)

iZnoGouD

BANNED
Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Hugo Koblet said:
No Machado option?

In that case I'll have to vote for Purito. I'm a huge fan of AC and of course would want him to win but I think J-Rod deserves this one as well. After all it will probably be his only/best chance to win a GT while AC of course isn't done yet :)

It seems like Machado is the only rider in the peloton that is not juiced

Picked Alberto from the start,he's a long shot and hasnt been able to get rid of Purito at any point but if he can open a decent gap 5km out as someone else said earlier in this thread then its possible.Will also be happy for Purito to win,class act.

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Purito has owned AC every day of this Vuelta. I think and hope he will increase his lead over the coming days, despite the delusions of the steak eater's fanboys

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
i guess purito already matured for a solo move. an attack with 1.5k to go and getting 15-20 sec on bola would be a great finish for him.

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Bola del mundo will be like last time

final.JPG

Thanks for saving me the time to search for that classic picture ;)

TRENDING THREADS