4 Jours de Dunkerque 2013 (May 1 - May 5)

Mar 25, 2013
5,389
0
0
Surprised a thread wasn't started for this.

Startlist

Stage 1: Dunkerque - Courrières, 155.10 km



Stage 2: Lewarde - Douchy-les-Mines, 178.20 km

 
Mar 25, 2013
5,389
0
0
Stage 3: Oignies - Liévin, 179.10 km



Stage 4: Lens - Parc Départemental d'Olhain, 176.50 km



Stage 5: 5 May : Estaires - Dunkerque, 163.80 km

 
Mar 25, 2013
5,389
0
0
Parrulo said:
Always a lovely race
I suppose we will have live coverage right?
British Eurosport are live for the first day and highlights every other day for the rest of the race.

Looking at Eurosport's schedule it's too congested to show it live for all the stages.
 
gooner said:
British Eurosport are live for the first day and highlights every other day for the rest of the race.

Looking at Eurosport's schedule it's too congested to show it live for all the stages.
I think all stages are being live TV produced, so perhaps there will be a stream somewhere on the net. Anybody with info on French channels in the Bretagne area?
 
Do eurosport stream stuff online that they have live but can't show due to other commitments?
Their keeping the snooker afloat by actually showing it, so cant begrudge them showing that.

Could sworn this race had betting last year, not good sign when live races not been covered was same for turkey. This field usually alright too.

WIll give me something to watch before Saturday.
 
Gloin22 said:
Demare wins, however Sinkledam got 2nd but hear he was the fastest at the end.
I don't think he was the fastest. The only reason why it looked like that was that Demare rode a relatively long sprint and Sinkeldam could kick out of his slipstream late on. I don't think Sinkeldam would have overtaken Demare had he opened the sprint earlier on.
 
Apr 2, 2013
769
0
0
Bushman said:
I don't think he was the fastest. The only reason why it looked like that was that Demare rode a relatively long sprint and Sinkeldam could kick out of his slipstream late on. I don't think Sinkeldam would have overtaken Demare had he opened the sprint earlier on.
Agreed, a tiring van hummel also added to the sense of speed however Sinkeldam did finish strong.
 
May 28, 2012
2,779
0
0
Maaaaaaaarten said:
Wow Sinkeldam 2nd in a bunch sprint?

Didn't know he could sprint. :confused:
He showed great sprinting in China last year, but now he seems to have hit good form before October.
 
Bushman said:
I don't think he was the fastest. The only reason why it looked like that was that Demare rode a relatively long sprint and Sinkeldam could kick out of his slipstream late on. I don't think Sinkeldam would have overtaken Demare had he opened the sprint earlier on.
Agree, plus I think Demare managed to accelerate a second time when he saw Sinkeldam edging closer.

Pretty dominant display by FDJ from what I saw of the finale.
 
Dazed and Confused said:
Agree, plus I think Demare managed to accelerate a second time when he saw Sinkeldam edging closer.

Pretty dominant display by FDJ from what I saw of the finale.
Yeah Demare was always going to win. The second rider appeared late when the race was over. Nice set up by FDJ.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY