• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

4 Jours de Dunkerque 2013 (May 1 - May 5)

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Surprised a thread wasn't started for this.

Startlist

Stage 1: Dunkerque - Courrières, 155.10 km

13042712348-hoehenprofil-4-jours-de-dunkerque--tour-du-nord-pas-de-calais-2013---etappe-1.jpg

Stage 2: Lewarde - Douchy-les-Mines, 178.20 km

13042722990-hoehenprofil-4-jours-de-dunkerque--tour-du-nord-pas-de-calais-2013---etappe-2.jpg

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Stage 3: Oignies - Liévin, 179.10 km

13042735682-hoehenprofil-4-jours-de-dunkerque--tour-du-nord-pas-de-calais-2013---etappe-3.jpg

Stage 4: Lens - Parc Départemental d'Olhain, 176.50 km

13042746865-hoehenprofil-4-jours-de-dunkerque--tour-du-nord-pas-de-calais-2013---etappe-4.jpg

Stage 5: 5 May : Estaires - Dunkerque, 163.80 km

13042719627-hoehenprofil-4-jours-de-dunkerque--tour-du-nord-pas-de-calais-2013---etappe-5.jpg

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Parrulo said:
Always a lovely race
I suppose we will have live coverage right?

British Eurosport are live for the first day and highlights every other day for the rest of the race.

Looking at Eurosport's schedule it's too congested to show it live for all the stages.

gooner said:
British Eurosport are live for the first day and highlights every other day for the rest of the race.

Looking at Eurosport's schedule it's too congested to show it live for all the stages.

I think all stages are being live TV produced, so perhaps there will be a stream somewhere on the net. Anybody with info on French channels in the Bretagne area?

Do eurosport stream stuff online that they have live but can't show due to other commitments?
Their keeping the snooker afloat by actually showing it, so cant begrudge them showing that.

Could sworn this race had betting last year, not good sign when live races not been covered was same for turkey. This field usually alright too.

WIll give me something to watch before Saturday.

Gloin22 said:
Demare wins, however Sinkledam got 2nd but hear he was the fastest at the end.
I don't think he was the fastest. The only reason why it looked like that was that Demare rode a relatively long sprint and Sinkeldam could kick out of his slipstream late on. I don't think Sinkeldam would have overtaken Demare had he opened the sprint earlier on.

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
Bushman said:
I don't think he was the fastest. The only reason why it looked like that was that Demare rode a relatively long sprint and Sinkeldam could kick out of his slipstream late on. I don't think Sinkeldam would have overtaken Demare had he opened the sprint earlier on.

Agreed, a tiring van hummel also added to the sense of speed however Sinkeldam did finish strong.

Bushman said:

Agree, plus I think Demare managed to accelerate a second time when he saw Sinkeldam edging closer.

Pretty dominant display by FDJ from what I saw of the finale.

TRENDING THREADS